Head of Performance Management
Our mission, to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment has never been more important. Through communities rooted in our video game franchises we enable hundreds of millions of people to experience joy, thrill and achievement. We enable social connections through the lens of fun, and we foster purpose and a sense of accomplishment through healthy competition. Like sport, but with greater accessibility, our players can find purpose and meaning through competitive gaming. Video games, unlike any other social or entertainment media, have the ability to break down the barriers that can inhibit tolerance and understanding. Celebrating differences is at the core of our culture and ensures we can create games for players of diverse backgrounds in the 190 countries our games are played.
As a member of the Fortune 500 and as a component company of the S&P 500, we have an extraordinary track record of delivering superior shareholder returns for over 30 years.
Our enduring franchises are some of the world’s most popular, including Call of Duty®, Crash Bandicoot™, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Hearthstone®, Diablo®, StarCraft®, Candy Crush™, Bubble Witch™, Pet Rescue™ and Farm Heroes™. Our sustained success has enabled the company to support corporate social responsibility initiatives that are directly tied to our franchises. As an example, our Call of Duty Endowment has helped find employment for over 80,000 veterans.
Learn more information about Activision Blizzard and how we connect and engage the world through epic entertainment on the company's website.
We are embarking on a new Performance Management journey which is a critical priority for our CEO. This is a unique opportunity to lead this work with the CEO, CPO and our most senior leaders as we unlock growth through world-class performance management.
As Head of Performance Management, you will play a pivotal role in accelerating the growth of our workforce and business, empowering managers to operate at scale. You will lead Activision Blizzard’s Performance Management program focused on strategy, tools and processes that enable our employees to deliver peak performance against business and leadership goals. This role drives the necessary processes, systems and culture to ensure there is an environment where employees can build the appropriate skills to improve their performance and where the company has the necessary talent now and, in the future, to meet its strategic goals.
In partnership with our business and HR leaders, you will be responsible for deepening our existing performance framework, competency development, developing new ways to assess, motivate, develop and retain talent. You will leverage human capital data to deliver impactful practical talent solutions to motivate peak performance in our dynamic, rapidly changing business environment. In addition, you will lead the Performance Management Office, which is a cross-functional team responsible for governing and validating the performance management process and outcomes.
Reporting to the Head of Talent & Succession Management, you will empower our people and managers with tools and frameworks they need to be successful in a “pay for performance” driven culture. It is about equipping employees to think, act and perform in a creative, innovative and digital environment that is transforming daily.
A key member of the HR leadership team, this role requires a unique combination of strategic, operational, and tactical expertise, experiences and leadership. The ideal candidate will have a growth mindset, be business and talent focused and able to shape and lead a data driven Performance Management process that enables our employees to be at their very best.
- Accountable for implementing and accomplishing the intended outcomes of the new performance management program that reinforces our performance-aligned culture, ability to attract and retain top talent, cultivate and reinforce key behaviors, and closes the skill gaps
- Ensure Activision Blizzard stays ahead of its competitors by determining new and better approaches to developing skills and adapting new capabilities to keep us growing and continuously build quality and depth of talent
- Design and execute on global capabilities development programs for our critical talent segments
- Partner with all stakeholders to manage and improve the tools, processes and communications involved in the preparation, progress, and delivery of performance maangement for managers and employees
- Conduct workforce assessments that identifies top performers across the organization, and informs the succession program
- Provide Management with critical trends and capability analysis that represent the positive performance drivers and ways to further invest in and leverage them
- Annual improve to a data driven Performance Management Program that enables our Managers to masterfully coach and identify performance excellence while enabling our Employees to perform at their very best
- Responsible for performance documentation for regulators, executive and compensation committee and spearheads overall content of Performance Management communications to various stakeholders
- At least 15+ years of performance management experience; specifically in two or more of the following practice areas: performance management, organizational design, workforce planning, employee development
- 3+ years of people management in a fast paced environment
- Strong familiarity and focus on best practice in the field from successful fast paced global companies particularly those in growth mode
- Clear evidence of leading a successful Performance Management approach which has delivered positive impact
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to think critically and independently
- Self-directed, HR leader with experience at designing and rapidly implementing new tools and processes who can handle numerous projects concurrently. Excellent attention to detail and comfortably pivots into complex strategy discussions informed by data and research
- Outstanding team player with the ability to work and influence people at all levels
- Excellent communication, facilitation and presentation skills. An appreciation of how to communicate and embed change with a diverse audience
- Exceptional project and process management skills with a demonstrated track record of delivering high-quality results in a fast-paced, complex, dynamic business environment
- Substantial problem-solving skills with strategic focus on process mapping, task management and execution
- Experience in technology, media, entertainment or similar industries a plus
Education and relative certifications
- Advanced Degree preferred
- People Analytics/data story telling capability would be advantageous
Activision Blizzard is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.