Director of Product, Mobile
Founded in 1979, Activision has continuously disrupted the world of entertainment as a leader in the videogame industry. With a history of delivering iconic game changers -- like Pitfall®, Tony Hawk®, Guitar Hero®, Crash Bandicoot™, Skylanders™ and Call of Duty® -- our obsession is delighting our players around the globe. Focused and committed to innovation, we consistently deliver the most beloved, engaging and successful entertainment.
And while we have world-class franchises, infrastructure and resources, our success comes from a passionate, talented and diverse team of people producing greatness together. So, if you’re interested in our biggest priority, it’s our people.
We’re currently driving the next era for our company and community by creating amazing experiences for fans and continuing to make Activision an inclusive place where everyone can thrive.
Join us, make history. To learn more, check us out at www.activision.com, www.activisiongamesblog.com or @Activision on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
As the Director of Product for Call of Duty: Mobile, you will manage the product team for one of the largest live service games in the world. In total the Product team here at Activision has over 15 people spread across three teams:
- The Feature Roadmap team ideates new in-game features, gameplay, and technology initiatives
- The Live Ops team plans and executes a calendar of engagement events and monetization offers, and works closely with the Content team to map out epic new monthly Seasons
- The Performance team understands deeply what’s going on in the game, prioritizes A/B tests, plans lifecycle campaigns, and generally helps shape upcoming strategy across all our teams
More than anything, we are looking for a product leader who wants to make the team his or her main focus. Our ideal product director wants to grow and improve the talent we have, and who is eager to build frameworks, development plans, and processes that will make the output of the product team better, rather than one who is most interested in personally speccing out the next big feature bet.
As the Director of Product, you will be responsible for:
- Evaluating and helping shape quarterly strategies for each of Call of Duty Mobile’s Product Live Ops, Roadmap, Performance and Content teams with an eye to the targets we want to exceed. Product at Activision is about the what and the why; help ensure these questions we’ve answered honestly and intelligently and on time.
- Ensuring smooth and consistent execution of each of the teams described above; players expect a very high bar for our game and we need to ensure we continue to meet these expectations
- Creating standardized frameworks around Live Ops event/sale iterations and New Features to ensure each big bet we make has a well-reasoned hypothesis, financial forecast, and clear user-level success criteria, and that we follow up post launch to re-evaluate how we did
- Identifying and creating tailored growth plans for talent on the product team
- Working with leads across Production, Marketing, Content, Design, Analytics, and Engineering to make sure each monthly Season and each bimonthly Client Update is compelling for players
- 8 years of product management in mobile gaming industry with experience building features & roadmaps, understanding live game performance, and running complex live ops
- Proven ability to manage up and down across the organization with strong interpersonal skills and excellent verbal & written communication abilities
- A deep desire to improve outcomes by improving people, building frameworks, and working with production to ensure we have the right processes
- A love of shooters is a strong plus!
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.