Director of Editorial Content
Activision Blizzard is looking for an experienced Director of Editorial Content Strategy, to join our Corporate Editorial Content team. The person in this role will operate as a critical team leader with responsibility for helping shape editorial content and messaging around company and franchise initiatives. We’re looking for someone with a strong bias for action who thrives in bringing order amidst ambiguity to help the team deliver top notch content, on time and budget.
The ideal candidate for this position will be a skilled communicator – someone who is articulate, an extraordinary writer and experienced in contributing their own editorial content while also developing the work of other writers and editors. The candidate will embody strong production management skills and bring creative ideas to the team, with the experience and knowledge to take the ideas to execution. Additionally, we are looking for someone who is passionate about the game industry, understands communication trends and can bring a style and tone that captures the excitement of an organization like Activision Blizzard, a company that consistently delivers epic entertainment experiences to hundreds of millions of players and fans around the world.
The Director, Editorial Content Strategy should have an eye for quality and a portfolio of work to back it up.
- Deliver on content production goals reflected in the editorial calendar, utilizing processes and tools in place, and contributing to improving existing approaches to programming and content elasticity
- Manage the development and approval of content across mediums such as blog content, videos, and graphics by working with a range of internal and external partners
- Work closely with internal partners (Internal Communications, Corporate Communications, social media, Franchise Communications) to shepherd projects from concept through launch and achieve the highest quality output
- Write, edit, proof, fact- check, and polish a variety of business- oriented communications with a relentless focus on quality
- Interview subject matter experts to gather information for people or team profiles to spotlight our talent and represent diverse voices
- Develop and maintain a communications style guide and other communications guidelines in concert with the marketing and brand team
- Monitor content effectiveness and help modify content strategies accordingly
- Additional projects and duties as assigned
- 10+ years of client, publication, or agency- side editorial, PR, journalism, or marketing communications experience plus production experience backed by a portfolio of high- quality work
- A solutions- oriented mentality and a discerning eye for high- quality content
- An ability to work quickly and effectively across a range of near and long- term priorities.
- Experience using style and grammar references, including Chicago Manual of Style
- Experience implementing efficient workflow processes and implementing productivity tools
- Excellent interpersonal skills to build a network of collaborators
- Ability to exercise good independent judgement and discretion
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills