Director, Global Early Careers
Activision Blizzard plays a centralized role in the creation of epic entertainment by supporting our interactive gaming brands and studios with a diverse range of career opportunities across corporate functions such as Marketing, Communications, Legal, Human Resources, Finance and Supply Chain. Located in our global headquarters in Santa Monica, we encompass equal parts agility, creativity and rigor to enhance the employee and player experience.
We are looking for a dynamic, self-starter that will lead and execute Global Early Careers recruitment and programs, including Global Internship Programs and other Leadership development rotation programs. Reporting to the Vice President of Talent Acquisition, you will provide strategic leadership to your team responsible for the demand planning and execution of hiring early career talent into the Activision Blizzard Franchises. You will have excellent relationship-building skills and a strong sense of accountability/urgency. This flexible team player will partner with the leaders of diverse business units and be responsive to the changing needs of the gaming industry. The successful candidate will have a proven track-record in recruitment management and is committed to building a team that understands that our success comes from our people producing greatness.
In this role, you will develop and execute the following initiatives/strategies:
- Deliver best-in-class Global internship experiences, including intern orientation, training and development and social events
- Provide ongoing coaching, training and education to rotation intern and rotation managers
- Partner with leaders across the organization to understand future talent needs and ensure a robust and engaging experience to our program participants.
- Drive the overall headcount planning for franchises to hit the hiring demands for Early Career talent
- Drive the intern performance management and offer process
- Your team will execute the learning and development strategy for interns and new graduates entering the organization to assist with transition from university to corporate, driving engagement.
- Continue to evolve our programs with a focus on experience, diversity and alignment to future talent needs.
In addition, the Director of Global Early Career Talent Programs will:
- Manage a high performing team of roughly 20 employees
- Develop strategy for all Early Career Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion recruiting and programming initiatives
- Work directly with the Talent Attraction team to execute Early Career marketing campaigns
- Influence and align align stakeholders and leadership to adhere to Early Career Program philosophies and hiring goals
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Strive for best technical and creative talent. Dedicate time to conducting competitive analysis to confirm talent attraction factors and employer brand are superior to talent competitors.
- Gather market research data to understand campus talent and campus strategies
- Be an expert in workforce implementation and assess upcoming talent problems and opportunities.
- Effectively drive new hire onboarding to improve productivity and retention of talent.
Broaden and strengthen talent advise
- Partner with talent analytics team to understand early career hiring trends and success. Support direction by providing Leadership with talent advice that is based on hard data.
- Continually capture both internal and external talent best practices.
- Minimum 10 years of strong recruiting and recruitment management
- 5+ years of University Recruiting, Talent Management or other HR related experience
- Must have deep experience with full life cycle recruiting including demonstrated expertise in advanced internet searching, candidate research, cold calling and sourcing
- Must demonstrate ability to handle confidential information with discretion and maturity
- Ability to maintain professionalism and focus in an ambiguous environment through demonstrated, proven leadership
- Strong problem solving by proactively driving results and being solution oriented
- Ability to continuously drive for process improvement coupled with excellent written and communication skills
- Ability to manage customer relationships, provide strong customer service skills, work independently and in a team environment
- Demonstrated confidence in all settings when advising/partnering with business leaders/partners
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.