Director, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Activision Blizzard plays a centralized role in the creation of epic entertainment by supporting our interactive gaming brands and studios with a diverse range of career opportunities across corporate functions such as Marketing, Communications, Legal, Human Resources, Finance and Supply Chain. Located in our global headquarters in Santa Monica, we encompass equal parts agility, creativity and rigor to enhance the employee and player experience. To learn more, check us out at www.activisionblizzard.com or on Twitter at @ATVI_AB.
At Activision Blizzard, diversity, equity and inclusion is not about goals being attained, rather, diversity, equity and inclusion is the means by which the company will achieve its goals and objectives. We are on a mission to sustain an equitable and inclusive culture that respects and leverages diversity throughout the Company, the industry and the communities we serve. It’s reflected in our leadership and throughout our workforce, ultimately becoming the forcemultiplier behind the company achieving its aspirational mission of connecting the world through epic entertainment.
As the Director, of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI), you will partner with executives and leaders across the company to implement a transformational strategy and vision. This position reports to the Chief People and Diversity Officer, leads a central team of experts and program managers. Your role will include, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities.
- Translate the company’s Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion aspiration and strategy into programmatic outcomes and an implementation roadmap.
- Define and implement roles and responsibilities of the DEI team in alignment with the go forward strategy and objectives.
- Lead the annual planning process and work with People Officers, Executives and Leaders to establish and confirm clear and measurable outcomes that cascade into individual and team accountabilities.
- Establish and lead an Executive Diversity and Inclusion Council to govern progress and to facilitate decision making and alignment as needed.
- Track and measure progress, as well as create rich analytical models correlating key drivers and predicting outcomes.
- Evolve our employee network groups to become a strategic driver and catalyst for change.
- Align with regional HR business partner teams to translate global programs into local action and change.
- Collaborate with HR business partners, total rewards, and the talent center of expertise to ensure applicable DEI strategies are incorporated into all programs and activities in the talent lifecycle
- Partner with the Communications team to build and execute ongoing stakeholder management and communication plans to engage stakeholders effectively and share the right messages at the right time
The position of Director, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion presents the opportunity, for the qualified candidate, to positively impact a Fortune 500 company at the enterprise level globally. As a result, the qualified candidate will need “commercial grade” leadership and program management skills and capabilities. With the ability to act strategically and operationally, to think globally and act locally, to partner with executives as well as enabling individuals across the organization. We are looking for a leader who is passionate and committed to upholding Activision Blizzard as a workplace where everyone belongs and together creates the next generation of entertainment.
- 10+ years of experience successfully building and leading a modern enterprise level global diversity, equity and inclusion strategy and translating it into impactful initiatives and outcomes (preferably in entertainment, technology or gaming industry). Relevant experience will also be considered.
- Demonstrated success in using data/insights to develop and evolve diversity, equity and inclusion strategies and programs
- Track record of exceeding diversity, equity, and inclusion related commitments, goals and objectives at a global organization with exceptional ability to make inclusive and commercial decisions
- Ability to influence and drive action at all levels of the organization
- Ability to collaborate across business units with diplomacy and build strong relationships with key stakeholders throughout the organization to ensure initiatives are aligned
- Strong communication skills with ability to tell stories, deliver compelling messages, and clearly articulate a vision
- Exemplary program and project management skills with ability to oversee and deliver across multiple tasks and deadlines
- BA or BS from an accredited institution required
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.