Your Mission is:
The Live Ops Analytics Team is adding a talented Data Scientist. As part of the team, your mission is to put science into decision-making.
Year one responsibilities include:
- Proactively perform data exploration to understand player behavior and identify opportunities for improving in-game features
- Partner with cross-functional teams to prioritize areas of opportunity to drive engagement and monetization, and enable easier experimentation
- Develop novel analytics to qualitatively deduce and draw conclusions from player behavioral data that directly influences game design, play balance, retention of our live titles
- Identify opportunities to use data science methodologies to improve our games and our business
- Partner with studio and engineering teams to ensure smooth and timely instrumentation of gameplay and mtx measures
- Develop and monitor operational metrics to track the health of a live multimillion-dollar service business
- Measure the impact of features, promotions, store offerings, and events through experimentation and causal inference to fuel recommendations
- Democratize and socialize learnings by contributing to a centralized repository that informs future game design, and is carried across titles and franchises
What you will bring to the team:
We are seeking an individual who will contribute to team success by embodying all the characteristics of our culture
- Competently defines execution plans, and suggest projects for prioritization
- Effectively manages own time and stakeholder expectations
- Fosters relationship with our stakeholders and partner teams to increase our sphere of influence
- Contributes to company learnings and proactively documents results
- Participates in feedback conversations with supervisor and peers, and can adapt approach when needed
- Drives measurable engagement and revenue impact through analysis and statistical models
As a high performer, you will:
You must possess a unique blend of project skills and business savvy; a passion for exceptional execution within a dynamic environment and the flexibility and focus to achieve result
- BA/BS degree required with technical focus (Data Science, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, Physics, Engineering or a related quantitative field); MS/PhD a plus
- 1+ years total experience in analytics
- Strong technical skills with SQL, R/ Python for data analysis; demonstrated programming skills either in data science or software development settings a plus
- Experience with distributed analytic processing technologies (Spark, Presto, Hive)
- Understanding of AB testing, experimentation, and causal inference methodologies
- Experience with predictive and prescriptive modeling a plus
- Skilled at deriving narrative from data and communicate the results effectively
- Good product sense, with a solid understanding of user engagement and monetization strategies in gaming, entertainment/ecommerce service providers, or mobile apps a plus
We’re headquartered in Santa Monica, California, housing multiple teams across many disciplines of Marketing, PR, Sales, Supply Chain and other corporate functions such as HR, IT, Legal, Facilities and Finance. Santa Monica is the nerve center of our company, where the best ideas combine with unrivalled rigor to create the biggest and best entertainment experiences in the world.
Great Games Start with Great People! This is an exciting time to join us!
Ask anyone who works at Activision, or with Activision, their favorite thing about it, and they’ll tell you, it’s the people. We have world-class brands, infrastructure and resources, but our success doesn’t come from assembly lines producing widgets. Our success comes from people producing greatness together. We are nothing without our employee’s brilliance. So, if you’re interested in our biggest priority, it’s the people.
Activision is more than just the leading developer and publisher of video games; we are the creators of some of the world’s biggest, most ground-breaking titles in the industry. Our portfolio includes Call of Duty® and Crash Bandicoot™.
Activision is a division of Activision Blizzard (NASDAQ: ATVI), headquartered in Santa Monica, California with locations across the globe. Activision Blizzard is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology, and entertainment. A member of the S&P 500 and recognized on the 2018 FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For® list, Activision Blizzard has operations throughout the world with approximately 10,000 employees and players in 196 countries.
The video game industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.