Associate Product Manager (Marketing)
Founded in 1979, Activision has continuously disrupted the world of entertainment as a leader in the videogame industry. With a history of delivering iconic game changers -- like Pitfall®, Tony Hawk®, Guitar Hero®, Crash Bandicoot™, Skylanders™ and Call of Duty® -- our obsession is delighting our players around the globe. Focused and committed to innovation, we consistently deliver the most beloved, engaging and successful entertainment.
And while we have world-class franchises, infrastructure and resources, our success comes from a passionate, talented and diverse team of people producing greatness together. So, if you’re interested in our biggest priority, it’s our people.
We’re currently driving the next era for our company and community by creating amazing experiences for fans and continuing to make Activision an inclusive place where everyone can thrive.
Join us, make history.
As an Associate Product Manager on the mainline Call of Duty team you will drive continued growth of one of the largest franchises in entertainment, contributing to all aspects of the Call of Duty new release business strategy and daily marketing execution. You are a self-starter and will be a driver of the process, influence cross-functional teams, be the evangelist for the brand, and voice of the consumer.
Responsibilities for the role:
- Business Planning - Contribute to and support comprehensive business planning and marketing plans for the launch of Call of Duty. Identify business opportunities and develop supporting materials. Partner with teams to perform quantitative analyses including: sell through analysis, price promotion efficiency analysis, and competitive analysis.
- Marketing Planning – Assist Product Management team to create global marketing plans, while partnering with cross-functional teams to execute on time, on budget.
- Project Management - Work cross-functionally to ensure development, marketing, and sales execution is aligned with strategic and financial goals. Coordinate internal teams to ensure projects are executed cohesively and on-schedule.
- Product Expert – Must develop expert understanding of the product, ensuring key selling features and product information is represented accurately in market.
- Player Champion – Embody the “player” view internally, driving a fan first viewpoint across the organization. Assist crafting consumer facing product messaging.
- Asset Trafficking and Coordination – Ensure asset/copy review and approval from key stakeholders in BU, studio and legal as required. Work back from go-live dates in marketing calendar to ensure on-time delivery, providing updates as required.
- Competitive Intelligence – Assist competitive intelligence efforts to maintain visibility on the best practices leading publishers, titles, genres and business models
- Bachelor’s Degree required. MBA and a focus on marketing preferred.
- 2 - 3 year’s experience in marketing. CPG Brand Management or Gaming/Entertainment/Theatrical Marketing experience preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in project management, analysis, and the ability to work across multiple teams.
- Leadership and the ability to defend your ideas/positions.
- Passion for gaming, and familiarity with current industry trends.
- Comfort with presenting and creating impactful presentation materials for a wide range of audiences
- Excellent analytical, verbal, and written skills. Excel and PowerPoint proficiency are a must
- High degree of comfort managing multiple projects in a fast paced environment.
- Results oriented, self-motivated.
We’re headquartered in Santa Monica, California, housing multiple teams across many disciplines of Marketing, PR, Sales, Supply Chain and other corporate functions such as HR, IT, Legal, Facilities and Finance. Santa Monica is the nerve center of our company, where the best ideas combine with unrivalled rigor to create the biggest and best entertainment experiences in the world.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is the world’s largest interactive entertainment company, with operations across North America, Europe, and Asia. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, Destiny, Skylanders®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™, and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
We’re proud to be recognized as one of FORTUNE’s "100 Best Companies To Work For®” for four consecutive years and have earned a spot on FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies,” and “Future 50” lists. Our 10,000+ global employees are some of the best and brightest talents across entertainment, media, and technology.
The video game industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry