Associate Paid Specialist
Activision Blizzard plays a centralized role in the creation of epic entertainment by supporting our interactive gaming brands and studios with a diverse range of career opportunities across corporate functions such as Marketing, Communications, Legal, Human Resources, Finance and Supply Chain. Located in our global headquarters in Santa Monica, we encompass equal parts agility, creativity and rigor to enhance the employee and player experience. To learn more, check us out on our website or on Twitter.
Activision Blizzard plays a centralized role in the creation of epic entertainment by supporting our interactive gaming brands and studios with a diverse range of career opportunities across corporate functions such as Marketing, Communications, Legal, Human Resources, Finance and Supply Chain. Located in our global headquarters in Santa Monica, we encompass equal parts agility, creativity and rigor to enhance the employee and player experience.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
Campaign Activation – 45%
- Build paid social campaigns across a variety of buying platforms (both native and third party) and international regions
- Perform necessary ad operations duties, including building social pixels and trafficking assets
- Follow internal QA processes such as generating screenshots, live links and placement information
- Work cross-functionally with internal teams and agency partners to establish and maintain content calendars, assets, and copy for all paid campaigns
- Taking ownership of social financial tracking, helping ensure proposing billing and payment
Reporting and Optimizations – 25%
- Perform daily pacing and performance-based optimizations across all active social initiatives
- Proactively surface key insights and recommendations that drive positive business results
- Present reports to external stakeholders
Social Campaign Planning – 20%
- Work alongside strategy, operations, CRM, and other activation team members to plan global social media plans
- Partner with social media vendors to ideate and execute first-to-market opportunities for Activision Blizzard campaigns
Partnerships – 5%
- Maintain strong partnerships with internal teams and international counterparts
- Collaborate with key social media vendors on behalf of Activision Blizzard
- Participate in larger team projects on the future of media buying and activation
Learning & Development – 5%
Monitor trends in social media; keep tabs on emerging platforms and advertising units
- Minimum of 1-3+ years of paid experience campaigns buying across numerous social platforms, including Twitter, Snapchat, and Facebook/Instagram
- Experience in strategic planning and proven cases of bringing plans to execution
- Proven track record in operating with a high level of energy, commitment, and enthusiasm to take on a challenging role with cross-functional commitments
- Budgetary experience including the ability to track expenses against commitments
- Expert at Excel; proficiency with other MS Office products
- Experience with FMPs or bid management platforms like Sprinklr for social a plus
- General understanding of deploying and interpreting results from A/B, split tests, and brand lift studies across social platforms
- Experience with Ad Serving technology like GCM, Flashtalking, etc. a plus
- Flexible work hours, weekend and evening work will be required from time to time
Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to translate objectives into actionable plans
- Good communication, presentation, project management, and critical thinking skills
- Ability to build positive working relationships, both internally and externally
- Ability to research, and understand the customer's perspective and the competitive market
- Ability to handle multiple projects, requests and priorities at the same time
- Public speaking, presentation, oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical mindset and skills, including the ability to break down complex data scenarios into digestible components
- Strategy development, project management, problem solving, and mathematical skills
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.