Associate Motion Capture Artist
You will be part of a Central Technology effort to provide industry best game assets to our upcoming titles. Your Mission is to work with multiple teams and new technology to build best-in-class character and prop assets and streamline the delivery of these photoreal assets to our games.
- Work with artists, engineers, supervisors, and producers to identify and execute on the asset needs of the games related to modeling and animation.
- Preparing for and attending photo, scan, and motion capture shoots.
- Cleaning, enhancing, and QC-ing raw scan and capture data.
- Managing day-to-day pipeline issues; identifying problems and driving creative solutions to fix them
- Assist in designing, developing and supporting asset creation pipelines and tools which integrate with different specific studio pipelines.
- Jump into both long-term R&D efforts as well as short-term production support as needed.
- This is a great opportunity to influence strong existing brands as well as work on unannounced future games.
- College degree in Animation/CG or equivalent experience in the video game industry with strong modeling/animation portfolio
- Experience with FACS, facial performance animation, motion capture and character rigging
- A positive attitude and ability to work on a multi-discipline team
- Ability to take direction well and address notes
- A passion for developing high quality games
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to innovate.
- Self-motivated and able to quickly learn new areas of development.
- Knowledge of Perforce, Jira, Shotgun, or similar for delivery and production tracking.
- Python, HSL, or other scripting experience a plus
Activision Central Technology’s CTX group is a team of artists, scientists, and engineers who collaborate with Activision studios to develop pioneering workflows and techniques for game content creation. We combine expertise from the game industry and the film industry to advance real-time visuals to levels which were previously exclusive to motion pictures.
Great Games Start with Great People! This is an exciting time to join us!
Activision has been changing the way people play for the past 40 years—as the leading developer and publisher of video games, our teams have created some of the world's biggest, most ground-breaking, and beloved entertainment franchises in the industry. Ask anyone who works at Activision what their favorite thing about it is, and they’ll tell you it’s the people. We have world class brands, infrastructure, and resources, but our success comes from people producing greatness together. We are nothing without our employee’s brilliance.
Activision is more than just the leading developer and publisher of video games; we are the creators of some of the world’s biggest, most ground-breaking titles in the industry. Our current portfolio includes Call of Duty®, Skylanders®, and Crash Bandicoot™.
Activision Blizzard (NASDAQ: ATVI), headquartered in Santa Monica, California with locations across the globe, is one of the largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies in the world. Sitting at the intersection of media, technology, and entertainment, our employees are some of the best and brightest across engineering, entertainment, media, and technology. A member of the S&P 500 Activision Blizzard is proud to be included as one of FORTUNE's "100 Best Companies To Work For®," "World's Best Employers," as well as "Most Admired Companies." In 2019 we were honored to receive a perfect score on our entry to the Corporate Equality Index as a Best Workplace for LGBTQ professionals and once again made Fast Company's World's Most Innovative Companies in Gaming.
The video game industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.