Associate Manager, Experiential Marketing (Temp)
Associate Manager, Experiential Marketing (Temp)
Associate Manager, Experiential Marketing (Contract)
Founded in 1979, Activision has continuously disrupted the world of entertainment as a leader in the videogame industry. With a history of delivering iconic game changers -- like Pitfall® , Tony Hawk®, Guitar Hero®, Crash Bandicoot™, Skylanders ™ and Call of Duty ® -- our obsession is delighting our players around the globe. Focused and committed to innovation, we consistently deliver the most beloved, engaging and successful entertainment.
And while we have world-class franchises, infrastructure and resources, our success comes from a passionate, talented and diverse team of people producing greatness together. So, if you’re interested in our biggest priority, it’s our people.
We’re currently driving the next era for our company and community by creating amazing experiences for fans and continuing to make Activision an inclusive place where everyone can thrive.
Join us, make history.
As an Associate Manager, Experiential Marketing you will:
- Work to strengthen the Internal and Emerging Events portfolio and team members on all experiential projects and initiatives; virtual event concepts, scheduling, technical checks, guest relations, production, key learnings, and everything in-between.
- Use your strong communication skills to ensure thorough distribution of virtual events through multiple distribution channels across a complex company matrix.
- Support embedding company values and culture, creating a communication matrix across studios and office teams, tracking local activations to build a comprehensive view of all events.
- Deliver experience and a strong point of view on ways to embed our Diversity, Equity & Inclusion strategy into all activations.
- Assist in creative ideation focusing on experiential activations.
- Build on production process documentation and trackers to ensure maximum efficiency for life of project.
- Evaluate all aspects of events, including processes and procedures, with the goal of improving quality as well as cost and time efficiencies.
- Have experience working with internal executive stakeholders and external special guests, using a strong attention to detail in all matters.
- Ability to own virtual events using internal approved platforms (i.e. BlueJeans, Zoom, gaming systems), including set up, technical testing and live activation.
- Create and manage internal gifting strategy, including creative ideation, approvals, budget tracking, deliverables, coordination with internal stakeholders, and recap literature.
- Manage and actualize budget estimates for multiple projects including expense tracking.
- Contribute to our corporate social responsibilities (CSR) initiatives by providing ad hoc assistance where needed.
- Actively seek out and maintain knowledge of virtual events and production, with connections to in-person experiences.
Please note: This is a contingent worker position and will be staffed through Volt, a staffing and workforce management company.
- 4+ years in event production and project management, with virtual event experience
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Proficient using the latest versions of Microsoft Word, Slack, SharePoint, Google Docs, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Zoom, BlueJeans Events, PC and Mac, email and web searches.
- Passionate about internal company culture, virtual events, corporate social responsibility, and video games.
- A deep love for process and nerdy about complex organization.
- Proven knowledge of the industry and the passion for knowing what's hot and upcoming.
- Excellent communication skills, including writing, proofreading skills, and speaking.
- Collaborative problem solver.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work assignments from a variety of staff.
- Excellent interpersonal skills both by phone, and over video conferencing, with high professionalism.
- Ability to lead and accomplish projects with little supervision.
- Calm under pressure - need to remain calm during crisis and the high pressure of an event in progress.
- Problem solver - ability to think on your feet and resolve problems as they arise quickly and efficiently.
- Ideal list of contacts or black book of vendors and suppliers that can be utilized for virtual activations.
Activision Publishing, Inc. was the first independent, third-party, console video game developer. It currently serves as the publishing business for its parent company, Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.