Associate Artist, Motion Graphics
Activision Blizzard, Inc., a member of the S&P 500, is the world’s most successful standalone interactive entertainment company. We delight hundreds of millions of monthly active users around the world through franchises including Activisionʹs Call of Duty®, Destiny and Skylanders®, Blizzardʹs World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Hearthstone®, Diablo®, StarCraft®, and Heroes of the Storm®, and Kingʹs Candy Crush™, Pet Rescue™, Bubble Witch™ and Farm Heroes™. The company is one of the Fortune ʺ100 Best Companies to Work For®ʺ. Headquartered in Santa Monica, California, Activision Blizzard has operations throughout the world, and its games are played in 196 countries.
This role provides support services to all engaged departments: PR, Marketing, Production and development studios to produce high-quality art assets, primarily videos and motion graphics. Typical end use will include, but is not limited to, editorial, social, marketing, internal, and occasionally in-game use.
This is an opportunity for a talented, hardworking and proactive individual to grow and develop in a fast-paced environment while contributing to a wide range of exciting franchises.
This role (Temporary) includes but is not limited to the following tasks/duties:
- Create original motion graphics assets, including lower thirds, title cards, and cinemagraphs, for use in broadcast marketing, social media marketing, and editorial projects
- Versioning GFX to various specifications including frame rates, aspect ratios, and codecs for various viewing platforms
- Update After Effects projects and other assets received from external sources
- Conform to project management and asset management standards
- Organize, archive, and back up projects
- Perform visual effects tasks including tracking, matchmoving, keying, rotoscoping and compositing
- Implement feedback from creative leads and customer groups
- Troubleshoot Audio/Video Equipment, including Apple Mac Pro and PC workstations
- Perform other duties, as assigned
- A demo reel
- Advanced knowledge of After Effects
- Demonstrable knowledge of commonly used plugins such as Element 3d and Trapcode Suite
- Ability to conceptualize, plan, and execute the creation of original GFX for projects
- Ability to integrate Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and Premiere Pro into workflow
- Thick skinned, good listener and able to take constructive criticism
- Experience with social media and digital marketing campaigns and strategies
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and prioritize projects
- Strong technical and troubleshooting skills
- High level of attention to detail and strong communication skills
- Experience with 3D software, such as Cinema 4D, a plus
- Experience with 360 videos/VR a plus
- Experience with Keynote and Power point a plus
- Experience shooting live video/still photography a plus
- 1-2 years of experience. Video game industry experience a plus
We’re headquartered in Santa Monica, California, housing multiple teams across many disciplines of Marketing, PR, Sales, Supply Chain and other corporate functions such as HR, IT, Legal, Facilities and Finance. Santa Monica is the nerve center of our company, where the best ideas combine with unrivalled rigor to create the biggest and best entertainment experiences in the world.
The video game industry and therefore our business are fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.