Artist (Video Editor)
Founded in 1979, Activision has continuously disrupted the world of entertainment as a leader in the videogame industry. With a history of delivering iconic game changers -- like Pitfall®, Tony Hawk®, Guitar Hero®, Crash Bandicoot™, Skylanders™ and Call of Duty® -- our obsession is delighting our players around the globe. Focused and committed to innovation, we consistently deliver the most beloved, engaging and successful entertainment.
And while we have world-class franchises, infrastructure and resources, our success comes from a passionate, talented and diverse team of people producing greatness together. So, if you’re interested in our biggest priority, it’s our people.
We’re currently driving the next era for our company and community by creating amazing experiences for fans and continuing to make Activision an inclusive place where everyone can thrive.
As an Artist (Video Editor) you will provide creative and technical support services to all engaged departments, Marketing, PR, PMG, and development studios, to produce high-quality art assets, which are primarily videos. Typical end use for assets include marketing, social, internal, reference, and more per client’s need.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities
- Editing, using Adobe Premiere CC
- Creative ideation of videos with knowledge of trailer editing techniques, including music editing and sound design
- Capturing cinematic gameplay with knowledge of shot composition, depth-of-field, and direction
- Applying post-effects (color, shot-transitions, camera-shake, ect.) with Adobe Premiere and After Effects CC
- Modifying titles and graphics using Adobe After Effects CC
- Creating and revising pre-production materials such as outlines and shot lists as needed.
- Tech services, such as altering resolutions, creating and adding end slates, cut-downs, etc.
- Other duties, as assigned
- Working knowledge of Adobe Premiere and After Effects CC
- Experience in videography/cinematography or cinematic video game capture
- Ability to multitask while maintaining professionalism and composure
- Thick skinned, good listener and able to take constructive criticism
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and be self-sufficient when it comes to priortizing deadlines
- Strong technical and troubleshooting skills
- High level of attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- A demo reel showcasing work in Adobe Premiere CC and any additional relevant programs
- Customer Service experience a plus
- 2–3 years of experience in the video game industry a plus
- College degree in the requisite field or equivalent experience preferred
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™.
Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.