Full Job Description
QA support and test planning for individual projects. Oversee and ensure proper implementation and utilization of QA tools, best practices, and procedures on assigned projects. Day-to-day QA service point of contact, leadership and escalation point on assigned projects. Provide internal and external QA partners and teams with guidance and direction related to QA services and deliverables. Collaborate in evaluation and assessment of 505 Games QA tools, procedures, and protocols. Project Risk assessment, escalation, mitigation, and evaluation of project release viability on assigned projects.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Processes, Protocols & Best Practices
- Ensure implementation and consistent execution of 505 QA Best Practices, tool usage, info tracking, and status reporting within internal and external QA support teams and partners
- Collaborate with 505 QA Management group in evaluating and assessing QA tool usage, processes, and documentation streamlining opportunities
- Leadership and Coaching
- Work closely with internal/external testing groups and teams to support and maintain their knowledge, performance, deliverables, and consistency on projects
- QA Project POC oversight
- Build and maintain “key” 505 Games product franchise knowledge expertise on assigned projects
- Collaborate in planning QA support schedules, with headcount ramp up/down cycles
- Collaborate with Producers, Developers, and external QA partners to create project specific Test Plans and Test Cases. Manage the implementation and application of the Test Plan across multiple Platforms, skus, locales, and test cycles.
- Provide oversight and leadership on day-to-day, external team, service activities and focus areas.
- Monitor and manage the quality expectations of QA partner performance and deliverables. Communicate concerns and areas for improvement to partners and ensure steps are taken to resolve and improve moving forward
- Monitor the defect database to ensure proper formats, workflows, and rules are adhered to by all active users on assigned projects. Maintain the integrity of the defect database to ensure bugs are moving through the system, do not remain stagnant, and that the database provides an accurate picture of the numbers, categorizations, and statuses of known issues
- Generate and provide Daily and Weekly QA status reports to key project stakeholders
- Solicit Mid-project and End-project QA service support feedback from partnering PD and Dev teams. Identify and action any improvement opportunities
- Monitor critical risk factors on assigned projects and escalate issues to ensure all project stakeholders are aware of potential and actual risks, issues and concerns
- Identify and make recommendations for risk mitigation and critical issue resolution opportunities
- Contribute in determining submission readiness & release viability of all Final/Master Candidate skus, on assigned projects
- Execute Post Mortem project analysis to review challenges, successes, and potential areas for improvement
- Partnership management
- Ensure QA partners get equipped with all necessary tools, permissions, documents, and information on assigned projects
- Facilitate good communication between 505 staff, developers and QA partners on assigned projects
- Establish and maintain effective working team relationships and rapport with all collaborating departments and individuals
- In addition to your specified duties, you may be required to undertake other duties from time to time at the request of the company
Qualifications and Experience:
- 1+ years of previous experience, in a QA role within the video game industry
- Experience supporting video game software quality assurance on PC/console/mobile
- Knowledge of various 1st Party QA requirements, procedures, and tools usage
- Experience working directly with external teams/vendors
- Passionate gamer that cares about quality!!