RELOCATION REQUIRED: TO MALTA OR KYIV (UKRAINE)
Hey there! We are 4A Games – a multinational game development studio famous for the Metro games franchise and a VR adventure Arktika.1. All our experience, talent, and enthusiasm are directed into creating games with deep stories, unique gameplay elements, and highly-detailed realistic environments. At the heart of the company, there are currently over 150 talented designers, programmers, artists, effects specialists, and writers from all over the world, with diverse and unique backgrounds – bringing countless years of experience in and love towards AAA games.
- Work directly with Animators, Designers, Modelers, and Programmers to deliver excellent character movements, facial animations, mechanics, and cutscenes.
- Proactively come up with ideas on how to improve animation pipeline.
- Troubleshoot complex problems as they arise and construct solutions to unforeseen design problems in a timely manner.
- Instructing colleagues and documenting necessary information.
- Knowledge of Maya/Motionbuilder.
- Familiarity with mocap and hand-created animations.
- Experience with animations of humans, creatures, and mechanical characters/objects.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in animation.
- Good communicator with strong verbal and written English skills. Ukrainian/Russian is a plus.
- Excellent problem-solving and time management skills.
- Self-direction and motivation.
- Desire to help drive the improvement of the game engine year-over-year.
- Experience working with procedural/physically-altered animation techniques.
- Experience with facial animation.
- Understanding of skinning, rigging, IK, physics limitations, and possibilities.
- Experience in applying modern interactive character animation techniques such as blend-trees, HFSMs, IK, and partial-body animation.
COMPREHENSIVE BENEFITS PACKAGE AVAILABLE
Sounds like you? Excellent, we're looking forward to your application then!