Senior Producer - Halo Infinite
343 Industries is looking for a Senior Producer to work with our Live team to help develop features for Halo Infinite. This is your chance to work on one of the most exciting and creative intellectual properties in the industry with one of the industry’s most talented teams.
As a Senior Producer, you are core to the culture and productivity of the team. The ideal candidate will be able to balance schedule needs with creative pursuits, pushing for quality and innovation while managing both budget and time; and lead a team of industry veterans to create innovative new experiences. Executing on our project’s vision takes many traits, but above all stand teamwork, leadership and a dedication to excellence. Coordinating the efforts of a large project team is a big responsibility; the Senior Producer needs to be both focused and agile in navigating the complexities of the development cycle. It will be key to set them up for success and help them deliver strong results.
As a Senior Producer in 343 Industries, you will work directly with the Lead Producer and project leads to establish and maintain the vision, scope, schedule, budget, and resource plan.
- You will partner with multi-discipline teams and drive feature and systems creation, specs, planning and execution.
- You will manage day-to-day development issues; identify problems in advance and drive creative solutions to fix them.
- You will lead multiple teams in sprint and milestone planning, executing, closing down and reporting on sprint results.
- You will own daily team rituals across multiple teams and establish sustainable processes and tools to drive the success of the team.
- You will partner with other teams inside and outside 343 studios to understand requirements and dependencies on your teams, build effective partner plans, and actively track work coming into your teams and going out of your team.
- You will proactively identify issues that could disrupt deliverables and schedules and gather the right stakeholders to create/execute mitigation plans before issues happen, and keep the team operating at a high level of productivity.
- Experience shipping and running Live games. You have 5+ years relevant experience in games development doing senior level work and 8+ years in the games industry. You have 1+ AAA title in a production or related role and/or managed multiple features and teams through 2+ product lifecycles. You have also run a game as a service and have experience managing features through ongoing updates and fixes.
- Experience creating team processes. You should have advanced experience developing and running project management processes for a game team. You have built detailed workback schedules managing multiple dependencies across different disciplines.
- Effective team leadership. You should be able to drive a talented team to produce AAA entertainment experiences. This requires strong leaders and a constant drive for results. You have worked with multi-discipline feature teams to deliver end to end features and/or experience.
- Strong Cross-Team Communication Skills. You can work with creatives (e.g. artists and game designers), technical people (e.g. programmers), and non-technical people (e.g. PR and Marketing) alike. When conflicts occur, you bring people together, you listen, you mitigate, and you resolve.
- Ability to Manage Ambiguity. There is no instruction manual on how to be a great Producer. You use your instincts, experiences, and team to identify, assess, and solve problems quickly and frequently. It is the Producer’s responsibility to take ambiguous problems and develop concise action plans for the team to resolve them.
- Exceptional Project Management and Organization Skills. You are detailed and organized. You never let anything fall through the cracks. You are clear, concise, and specific. When you participate in a meeting, you clarify, capture and follow up on all action items.
- Passion for Games. Both playing video games and a passion for understanding what makes them great.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.