Character Technical Artist - Halo Infinite
Microsoft Game Studios' 343 Industries is looking for a Character Technical Artist to help develop experiences for Halo Infinite. A Character Technical Artist develops tools/frameworks/workflows, solves technical production issues, and creates believable deformations on characters, weapons, vehicles and props.
- Develop character, weapon, and vehicle content and workflows in Maya and game engine.
- Develop tools, scripts, plugins to streamline processes.
- Solve technical production issues, especially those related to engine related troubleshooting.
- Work with content teams (such as animation or design) understand technical restrictions.
- Optimize Sandbox content to fit within perf budgets.
- Become an expert in workflows and pipelines, identifying simplifications where possible.
- Create technically sound frameworks for characters, weapons, and vehicles.
- Demonstrates, communicates, and exemplifies clear expectations for quality of work, productivity, communication, and professionalism to the team.
- Take ownership in pre-production planning to define and address technical design requirements and issues.
- Create documentation and tutorials relating to technical issues.
- Excel as a team player and strive to maximize team/department performance and collaboration.
- Degree in Computer Science, Commercial Art, or related fields.
- 3+ years of production experience within the fields of Rigging/Character Technical Art.
- Knowledgeable in Python and MEL.
- Knowledgeable of Maya for animation and rigging.
- Knowledgeable of Animation principles and Kinematics.
- Solid foundation in human anatomy and mechanical principles.
- Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Work well under deadlines and multi-tasks.
- Is self-motivated and self-reliant.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Facial rigging experience.
- C# and C++ (Maya API) experience.
- 2+ years of experience in the games industry including shipping AAA console titles.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.