Senior World Builder
Who we are:
We are a diverse team of developers driven by a passion for our art, united by our core values and inspired by a culture of inclusivity to build amazing games that thrill players everywhere. We pursue growth and innovation in an environment of safety and trust. Our culture is built on the belief that the more varied voices in our collective will strengthen our team and our games. We are looking for our next teammate who will raise our bar and make us better.
What we need:
We're just beginning a development journey that will take us through design concepting, functional prototyping, milestone deliverables, systems building and tuning, map building, and deep polishing & optimization. We’re looking for a World / Level Designer who can dig into each stage of this process, creating inspiring worlds and spaces, applying technical & creative passion to constantly improve the game through an iterative process. We want people who think differently at every step and help us to create a broadly appealing product that resonates with the widest set of fans possible. Come and help us build the future of Multiplayer Action games!
- Design, pitch, & hone world spaces / levels from inception to completion to post-launch. Examine desired player experience goals and introduce designs that help support and enhance that experience.
- Be an equal voice within the design team for making both large- and small-scale decisions throughout the project.
- Collaborate deeply with other disciplines. This role will touch on everything from animation to UI to environment art to sound, as well as work closely with core engineering teams
- Own map ideas from inception to completion. This includes pitching ideas in their infancy to fine-tuning post-launch. We emphasize a culture of trust, and with that trust comes both responsibility & accountability
- Understand how world design impacts other areas of the game and collaborate deeply with other disciplines. This role will touch on everything from animation to UI to environment art to sound, as well as work closely with core engineering teams.
- Daily hands-on engine work to bring ideas to life.
- Understand how world design fits into the overall creation direction of the game, both on a macro and micro level.
Who you are:
You’re an experienced World / Level Designer with at least one shipped title under your belt. You’re comfortable building map content off an established template, but you’re also willing to push boundaries and explore. Our ideal candidate has proven experience building world spaces across all phases of development and is excited to build a world from the ground up.
- Understanding of Game Design, Current Design Paradigms, and fundamentals of Fun Game Play
- Excellent Collaboration and Communication Skills
- Ability to self-direct and autonomously deliver on Goals
- Balancing Artistic Needs and Design Needs (Creating Epic and Eye-Catching Spaces)
- Ability to finesse Design Needs into a Visual Narrative
- Understanding of Architecture and Planned Spaces and how to Tailor those to Design Needs
- Flexible, Adaptable, Unflappable, Clever, and Undiscourageable
- Deep understanding of how to Solve Problems with Elegant Solutions
- Strong passion for online multiplayer action games a MUST
- Experience working in multiplayer games or systems
- Some experience programming, both code & visual scripting (C++, C#, etc. | Blueprint, Kismet, etc.)
- A passion for diversity & representation in games & game development
- A self-starter who can align with the team's goals but isn't hesitant to create solutions on their own
- Ability to iterate & collaborate under deadlines & production constraints
- Backgrounds in art/architecture/CS/etc. a plus.
SECURITY NOTICE - We have recently been made aware of increasing occurrences of bad actors posing as company HR personnel to gain information from "potential candidates", in the form of job interviews and offers. These scams can be quite sophisticated and appear legitimate.
Please know that 31st Union and 2K never uses instant messaging apps to contact prospective employees or to conduct interviews.
If you believe you have been a victim of such a scam, you may fill out a complaint form at https://complaint.ic3.gov/ and https://reportfraud.ftc.gov/ detailing as much as possible. We are taking these matters very seriously and apologize for any inconvenience.