Senior UI Engineer
SENIOR UI ENGINEER Who We Are
We are a team of developers with a uniting passion for crafting highly engaging entertainment with a commitment to putting fans first. Our core values are our North Star ever reminding us who we intend to be and what we strive to create. Our studio culture is built on the belief that the more varied voices in our collective story the stronger our team and our game will be. We are an association of diverse game makers driven by a passion for our art and inspired by a culture of inclusivity to build games that thrill players everywhere.
Our Rallying Cry: Bring fun, inspiration and awe to our lives and to our community.
THRIVE ON TRUST
- We are inspired to do our best work because we are safe to take risks in an environment built on sincerity and respect.
CHASE THE HORIZON
- We believe the next great inspiration is just over the next peak; we push ourselves and each other to find it. We are all active in bringing innovation to life.
- Our strength is in our collective experiences and we stand proudly for representation and inclusion.
LIVE YOUR DREAMS
- We are driven with a passion to reach our fullest potential. Personal growth is an enduring priority for all of us.
- We don’t polish stones. We deliver brilliance. This devotion shines through in ways that raise the bar for all of us, and the experiences we bring to players everywhere.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, related discipline, or relevant work experience is required
- Excellent communication skills and professionalism are required
- Experience building complex realtime user interfaces is required
- Strong computer science fundamentals and C/C++ fluency is required. C# fluency is desired
- Experience with computer graphics pipelines and a working knowledge of linear algebra is required.
- AAA Game production experience is desired
- Experience debugging and optimizing on-platform for console and mobile devices is desired
- Production experience with Unreal Engine Slate and UMG is desired
- Experience with Web UI development is desired
What We Need:
31st Union is looking for a seasoned and passionate Senior UI Engineer who enjoys a collaborative and creative work environment and is looking to work with likeminded professionals to create a truly amazing game. Develop, write, implement, and debug code for the UI on next-generation video game projects.
- Specify UI content patterns for our multiplatform game
- Support content team in executing highly responsive, memory- and runtime-efficient interfaces from within this framework
- Build UI telemetry to monitor and reduce UI/UX friction
- Test and optimize UI for KBM, controller, and touch input devices
- Coordinate with backend, engine, and build teams to package and stream UI content
- Build visualizers for dev telemetry and runtime monitoring
- Monitor and optimize runtime UI costs