Senior Environment Technical Artist
Resumes must be submitted in English
2K’s newest AAA development studio, 31st Union, is excited to launch its Spanish expansion!
We are a diverse group of developers driven by a passion for our art, united by our core values and inspired by a culture of inclusivity to build amazing games that thrill players everywhere. We pursue growth and innovation in an environment of safety and trust. Our culture is built on the belief that the more varied voices in our collective will strengthen our team and our games. We are looking for our next teammate who will raise our bar and make us better.
We are looking for a Senior Environment Technical Artist to drive productivity, innovation, and efficiency in our game. You will assume responsibility as owner over many technical parts of the environment-side pipeline. You will not be spoon-fed technical specifications or be stuck maintaining existing tools. Instead, you will be faced with interesting, challenging, evolving problems that require a creative yet disciplined approach. You will work with Technical Art Director, game designers, producers, engineers, artists and more to understand needs, design solutions, and make them a reality.
- Build a strong collaborative relationship with your director, peers, and customers.
- Develop the tech, tools, and pipelines allowing us to innovate efficiently within the environment techart space at the highest standards.
- Support a variety of art teams including environment and props.
- Work in the engine looking for ways to streamline runtime performance.
- Understand game performance, profiling, and the development methodologies required to facilitate the creation of performant art.
- Help set team standards around documentation, scripting best practices, and overall tool quality.
We are looking for a tech artist with proven ability to integrate themselves into a AAA team, find areas to improve, and be a self-starter to address the issues. You are the expert in this space, and don’t require hand-holding or micro-management to get the job done: We place a lot of importance on individuals being self-motivated and self-directed. That being said, our team values strong leadership, management, and you will be fully supported at all times to remove blockages so you can get the job done. We also value growth within your area of expertise and will actively promote your ability to excel within this space. If you are a senior environment technical artist with experience on the environment art side, especially those in the mobile and/or AAA game space, we think you will be a great fit and we’d love to hear from you!
- 5+ years in the games industry.
- Expert Maya technical knowledge.
- Strong Python scripting and Maya Python API skills.
- Familiar with existing technical standards within the environment techart space.
- Deep understanding of DCC -> Engine export pipelines
- Comfortable with destruction pipelines, materials, FX, LODs, HLODs, Proxy Mesh, etc.
- Proactive troubleshooting and problem solving to help the team as needed.
- Customer focused: customers are what drive technology, not technology for the sake of it.
- Great collaborative teamwork skills.
- Appreciates modularity, reuse, and elegant design.
- Value Adds:
- Previous modeling / shading / texturing / UV / design experience.
- Unreal knowledge.
- C++ knowledge.
- Houdini knowledge.
- Shipped one or more AAA titles.
- Knowledge of applications like Photoshop, Substance Painter, Marvelous
- Designer, and Zbrush.
- Able to work and communicate in English
- Must be EU Citizen
Please note that 31st Union and 2K Games never use instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews. All correspondence will come from an official 31st Union or 2K domain account.