Senior Animation Engineer
WE ARE GAMEMAKERS
Who we are:
31st Union is looking for an experienced Senior Animation Engineer who enjoys a collaborative and creative work environment and is looking to work with equally driven professionals to create a truly amazing game. You will work in close collaboration with concept artists, art direction and other engineers to push the engine towards a combined vision. You will pair existing technologies with novel use and solutions to implement this creative vision at quality within performance requirements.
What we need:
We are looking for an expert animation engineer to help bring our stylized game to life. You will own the development, feature iteration and maintenance of various animation systems and rigs for our game. You will collaborate with animators and technical artists to bring the vision of our game’s characters to life. You will also collaborate with engineers in other disciplines to ensure that implementations remain performant and within runtime gameplay budgets. Over the lifetime of the project, you will identify and provide solutions to animation/rigging issues. Finally, you will mentor junior engineers and effectively break down and delegate tasks as needed.
- Strong understanding of and ability to write effective C++ code
- Experience providing networked, high-fidelity character animations for characters in multiplayer AAA action games
- Experience designing animation pipelines including secondary and simulated animation
- Experience with runtime facial animation techniques
- Console development experience is desired
- Unreal Engine experience is desired
Please note that 31 st Union and 2K Games never use instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews. All correspondence will come from an official 31 st Union or 2K domain account.