Lead UI/UX Designer
Who we are:
We are a diverse team of developers driven by a passion for our art, united by our core values and inspired by a culture of inclusivity to build amazing games that thrill players everywhere. We pursue growth and innovation in an environment of safety and trust. Our culture is built on the belief that the more varied voices in our collective will strengthen our team and our games. We are looking for our next teammate who will raise our bar and make us better.
What we need:
UX is the crucial layer by which players understand and interact with the experiences we craft for them. We believe the UX experience can make or break a game experience -- A good UX can inform and inspire, while a bad one can confuse and discourage.
As the Lead UX Designer at 31st Union, you'll define and drive the core pillars and philosophies that define the user experience on our project across a wide array of areas including in-game UI elements, menu flows, store fronts, and more. You'll collaborate deeply with others in diverse disciplines from design, art and engineering, among others, to craft an innovative, rich and immersive interactive experience that is cohesive and strikes the right balance of being intuitive, elegant and simple while providing players the information they need, when they need it.
We love games that play well and also look great; so this role will interface closely with the Art department to ensure an overall UI/UX experience that is innovative, functional and looks great!
- Develop and shape the vision for our UI/UX experience in accordance with the project's game design philosophies and artistic directions
- Prioritize, plan, and organize UX feature sets, working with development partners on how best to deliver and execute on the creative and UI/UX vision that you will be key to defining
- Envision an intuitive UX experience that caters to both the first time user, as well as the experienced enthusiast
- Mock-up UX wireframes, collaborating effectively with design and art teams
- In-game prototyping/implementation of UI/UX features working closely with design, art and engineering partners.
- Identify and implement best practices, work-flows and pipelines to inform broader UI/UX efforts across the project
- Conceive of and develop accessibility features that open new doors for players who may have felt excluded in the past
- Participate in user research/usability studies on an ongoing basis
- Build and lead the broader UX team
Who you are:
- Strong understanding of the needs of UX in an interactive game experience
- Deep understanding of player/user psychology and what drives users as they engage with a UI/UX experience
- Awareness of current trends in visual communication and how best to adapt those trends into an interactive game experience
- Good understanding of Motion Graphics and their impact/use cases in the UI/UX experience
- Ability to work with industry standard 2D graphics applications (e.g. Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects etc.)
- Experience working in game engines (e.g. UNREAL, Unity, and other propriety or commercial engines), design tool-sets and production pipelines
- Ability to leverage 3D applications (e.g. Maya, 3DS Max etc.) a plus
- A strong passion for games!
SECURITY NOTICE - We have recently been made aware of increasing occurrences of bad actors posing as company HR personnel to gain information from "potential candidates", in the form of job interviews and offers. These scams can be quite sophisticated and appear legitimate.
Please know that 31st Union and 2K never uses instant messaging apps to contact prospective employees or to conduct interviews.
If you believe you have been a victim of such a scam, you may fill out a complaint form at https://complaint.ic3.gov/ and https://reportfraud.ftc.gov/ detailing as much as possible. We are taking these matters very seriously and apologize for any inconvenience.