Under the supervision of the Cinematic Director, the Senior Cinematic Video Editor will be responsible for contributing with their knowledge, ideas, motivation, and skills to create emotional, intentional and powerful cinematics for our AAA video games. In collaboration with the narrative team, they will assemble clear and inspiring story reels on which the team will base its motion capture shoots and animation directive line. Working closely with the Cinematic Director on stage, they will select and edit live-action sequences of the motion capture footage. Once performance capture is complete, the editor will work closely with the cinematics team to refine pacing and enhance the emotional impact of the cinematics through artistic iteration and collaboration.
- Create outstanding and memorable cinematics.
- Develop the vision in collaboration with the cinematic, narrative and creative director.
- Participate in meetings, reviews, and planning as part of effective communication with the team.
- Work closely with the production team in validating schedules for the media department and outsourcing studios.
- Grow artistically and continuously improve their skills.
Experiences and Requirements
- 5+ years of game or VFX industry experience.
- Previous work as a Cinematic Video Editor on at least one AAA game.
- Previous experience working on a motion capture pipeline and large amounts of timecode video footage.
- Excellent proficiency with video editing software, such as Adobe Premiere (preferred), Final Cut Pro or Avid.
- Experience in directing/editing/camera (film, games, VFX, etc.)
- Experience with Unreal Engine and Sequencer or Matinee, is strongly desired.
Profiles and Skills
- Solid understanding of film language and cinematography techniques
- Strong sense of composition, light, and color theory
- Strong sense of timing and pacing
- Strong communication skills
- Constructive (self)critical attitude
- Perfect written and spoken English
- Passion for video games and storytelling
- Problem solving attitude