Technical Art Producer
Who We Are:
The NBA TechArt team is a diverse group of talented Technical Artists that perform a wide variety of tasks. We write and maintain tools for the art department, rig the characters, props, and clothing, and do a lot of problem solving.
A pioneer in video games across multiple generations and the creator of some of the top-rated video game franchises including 2K Sports and the NBA 2K series, Visual Concepts is widely regarded as one of the world's top studios. A subsidiary of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (TTWO), Visual Concepts continues to innovate in gameplay, creativity and technology. With studios around the globe Visual Concepts has a culture of excellence and passion for building amazing products year after year, and offers top candidates the opportunity to learn and grow with some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry.
Our studios in Novato, CA; Agoura Hills, CA; Foothill Ranch, CA; Budapest, Hungary; Shanghai, China; and Seoul, South Korea are committed to gaming and technical innovation and offer top candidates the opportunity to learn and grow with some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry.
What We Need:
We are seeking a Producer to join our development efforts on the NBA 2K franchise. We're looking for someone who's passionate about making great quality games, is willing to work hard and help the team stay organized and on track. Within this role, you’ll be responsible for supporting a team to reach the project's ambitions in terms of quality and schedule.
What You Will Do:
- Assist team lead in managing feature set, priorities, assignments and schedules
- Share information between departments regarding deadlines, assignments and priorities on a daily and weekly process
- Keep the internal tracking systems up-to-date with meeting/discussion notes, tasks, assignments, priorities, due dates and statuses
- Track, respond and delegate department bugs from QA on the internal tracking system
- Anticipate and communicate issues from your team to the team lead
- Compile, send, and receive outsourcing packages, and communicate with vendors
- Support the team with logistics coordination for all art/game assets
- Track approvals and reviews and ensure that subsequent teams receive feedback through Shotgun
- Responsible for receiving and tracking requests from multiple teams
- Troubleshoot, proactively identify, and quickly execute on production issues and/or inefficiencies
- Coordinate the onboarding of art department employees to ensure their workstations are ready
- Distribute documentation to vendors and coordinate any troubleshooting required to get them onboarded
Who We Think Will Be A Great Fit:
- 3+ years of experience in video game or vfx production
- Comfortable managing technical projects and the terminology, preferably in a 3d pipeline
- Ability to establish priorities and multi-task efficiently
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Possess very strong organization and communication skills
- Have high attention to details
- Comfortable working autonomously
- Be able to handle a variety of tasks efficiently that's needed for your department
- Ability to work with diverse personalities
- Overtime required during game delivery
- Good knowledge and strong enthusiasm for sports and gaming is a plus
- Familiarity with Shotgun, Perforce, Confluence, Test Track Pro, Excel, Google Drive and Jira is a plus