Senior World Designer
We are looking for a curious and invested World Designer to join our global team to help build the next BioShock. Someone who enjoys creating the little moments in a World that delight the player, enhance the Narrative of the world, and make the game world feel alive, encouraging players to stay and explore. We hope to find a person who is excited by new ideas and experimentation, someone who is eager to share what they learn so that they might inspire their teammates.
- Collaborate with level and narrative designers to create memorable experiences for players throughout the living world
- Design and white box world structure and map layout to ensure missions, stories and gameplay concepts are paced, balanced and connected
- Design and create systemic world moments, as well as bespoke quests, that breathe life into the game
- Combine hand-crafted set-pieces with emerging AI behavior to create a “living” world that offers players variety at every step of the game
- Work closely with the writing and systems teams to ensure a cohesive experience
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- Experience working in a professional Game Development environment
- Design-focused portfolio of content examples. Bonus points for content focused around re-playability and/or systemic, emerging moments
- Proficient with 3D world editing and scripting tools and workflows (we use UE4)
- Understanding of what it takes to execute on an idea
- Good communication skills
- Collaborative mindset and attitude
- Knowledge and love of games, with a deep desire to push the medium forward
We are Cloud Chamber: a collaborative team of inspired minds who create games together. We strive to make unique, entertaining, and thoughtful game experiences that engage the world.
We believe in the beauty and strength of diversity, in both the makeup of the studio and the nature of our thinking. Our focus on open communication and overall well-being allows each of us to strive for excellence in our work, and happiness in our lives.
Oh, almost forgot to mention that we’re currently making the next BioShock. Our passion and love for this iconic franchise is what brought us together. The thrill and responsibility of creating the next iteration of such a beloved game is what keeps us going.
If all of this sounds as exciting to you as it is to us, we’d love to meet you. Join us in creating worlds that move people.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never use instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews. When emailing prospective employees we only use 2K.com email accounts.