Who We Are
Founded in 2005, 2K Games is a global video game company, publishing titles developed by some of the most influential game development studios in the world. Our studios responsible for developing 2K’s portfolio of world-class games across multiple platforms, include Visual Concepts, Firaxis, Hangar 13, CatDaddy, Cloud Chamber, and HB Studios. Our portfolio of titles is expanding due to our global strategic plan, building and acquiring exciting studios whose content continues to inspire all of us! 2K publishes titles in today’s most popular gaming genres, including sports, shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, casual, and family entertainment.
Our team of engineers, marketers, artists, writers, data scientists, producers, thinkers and doers, are the professional publishing stewards of our growing library of critically-acclaimed franchises such as NBA 2K, Battleborn, BioShock, Borderlands, The Darkness, Mafia, Sid Meier’s Civilization, WWE 2K, and XCOM.
At 2K, we pride ourselves on creating an inclusive work environment, which means encouraging our teams to Come as You Are and do your best work! We are dedicated to diversity and inclusion, and want our community of candidates to reflect this commitment. We encourage all qualified applicants to explore our global positions.
2K is headquartered in Novato, California and is a wholly owned label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).
What we need:
We’re looking for an experienced Senior Technical Product Manager to partner with the Core Tech organization within 2K to orchestrate multiple offerings inside the back-end-as-a-service platform. You’ll work closely with business and game teams to extend existing services and bring new concepts to a product launch. Using customer feedback, research, and data you’ll continue to improve the products you ship and delight our customers!
What You Will Do
- Define product features, roadmaps, and releases for developer and business user-facing products based on 2K Core Tech team strategy and vision
- Translate these into business requirements to create product specifications and architecture for each product
- Understand the latest trends in online games, no matter the device they are played on
- Work closely with external game teams, publishing partners, Program Managers, Developers, and QA to deliver key features and products to market
- Communicate key insights and results
- Create buy-in for the product both within our team and our studios
Who We Think Will Be A Great Fit
- 4-5+ years of managing highly technical products
- Understanding of HTTP-based API concepts like REST, GraphQL and gRPC
- Understanding of microservices and serverless; able to compare and contrast
- Strong oral and written communication skills; extremely attentive to detail
- Previous experience delivering products with Software Engineers as your customer
- Ability to explain technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field is required. MBA preferred
- Familiarity with A/B testing and use of experimentation (nice to have)
- Experience with console certification and requirements, XRs, TRCs etc.
- Passion for video games is a strong plus
- Previous experience with delivering an API to internal customers is a plus
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to ensuring that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform their essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us if you need reasonable accommodation.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com accounts.