We are a diverse group of developers driven by a passion for our art, united by our core values and inspired by a culture of inclusivity to build amazing games that thrill players everywhere. We pursue growth and innovation in an environment of safety and trust. Our culture is built on the belief that the more varied voices in our collective will strengthen our team and our games. We are looking for our next teammate who will raise our bar and make us better.
We’re looking for a Senior Systems Designer to join our team and help us shape the future of online multiplayer gaming. As a Senior Systems Designer, you’ll design and craft the fundamental gameplay systems that will take us into that future. You’ll own and drive key gameplay systems working closely with the design, art and engineering teams to realize your vision. We’re a studio that values autonomy and self-drive in developers who are empowered to do the best work of their careers. If this is you, let’s talk!
- Design, pitch, & hone ideas from concept stage forward. Examine desired player experience goals and introduce systems that help fulfill that experience
- Daily hands-on engine work to bring ideas to life through script, visual script, or code and deep use of the game engine
- Gather feedback from a variety of sources to determine the best steps forward
- Collaborate deeply with other disciplines. This role will touch on everything from animation to UI to sound and VFX, as well as working closely with core engineering teams
- Contribute to design discussions for all areas of design across the entire game
- Provide feedback on works in progress across all areas of the game based on daily playtesting
- Own MP gameplay systems from inception to completion. This includes pitching ideas in their infancy to fine-tuning post-launch. We emphasize a culture of trust, and with that trust comes both responsibility & accountability
- Experience with modern game engines (Unreal, Unity, etc.)
- Experience with designing and building functional gameplay systems in a visual scripting tool (ala Unreal Blueprint) and/or code or code-style scripting languages (C/C++, Lua, etc)
- Strong understanding of systematic design and ability to conceive and create complex but efficient systems in service of an amazing game experience
- Able to analyze and solve complex technical and design problems in core gameplay systems
- Deep understanding of the various components that come together within game systems to achieve the end experience (design, art, engineering, audio, etc)
- Ability to learn and ramp up on new tools and processes quickly
- 3+ years experience, and at least 1 shipped titles in a systems design role, preferably in the multiplayer space
- Strong passion for online multiplayer action games is a must!
- Experience programming, both code & visual scripting (C++, C#, etc. | Blueprint, Kismet, etc.)
- Experience in UI/UX implementation a plus
- A passion for diversity & representation in games & game development
- A self-starter who can align with the team's goals but isn't hesitant to create solutions on their own
- Comfortable with rapid iteration based off feedback from many sources: peer review, data analytics, player surveys, etc. Capable of filtering large volumes of feedback into concrete and actionable improvements
- Ability to iterate & collaborate under deadlines & production constraints
SECURITY NOTICE - We have recently been made aware of increasing occurrences of bad actors posing as company HR personnel to gain information from "potential candidates", in the form of job interviews and offers. These scams can be quite sophisticated and appear legitimate.
Please know that 31st Union and 2K never uses instant messaging apps to contact prospective employees or to conduct interviews.
If you believe you have been a victim of such a scam, you may fill out a complaint form at https://complaint.ic3.gov/ and https://reportfraud.ftc.gov/ detailing as much as possible. We are taking these matters very seriously and apologize for any inconvenience.