(Closed) Senior Site Reliability Engineer
2K develops and publishes interactive entertainment globally for console systems, handheld gaming devices and personal computers, including smartphones and tablets. 2K is a leading publisher of today’s most popular gaming genres and most well-known for critically acclaimed game franchises like NBA 2K, WWE 2K, Bioshock, Borderlands, Evolve, XCOM and the beloved Sid Meier’s Civilization.
About the Team: Site Reliability Engineering (SRE)
The 2K Site Reliability team is responsible for the operations and infrastructure of all consumer facing production systems and developer facing production-development systems under the 2K label, including NBA2K game services, customer facing account services and websites. This team manages systems and services spanning multiple datacenters both terrestrial and cloud based.
What We Need:
We are looking for an engineer who will support both our production and production-dev environments. Robust systems and problem solving skills are required as you develop solutions for game studios and support data centers around the world alongside a group of top-notch engineers.
In this role you will collaborate with network engineers, systems architects and development staff to support our gamers and the needs of the business.
What You Will Do:
- Build and operate highly resilient systems in a multi-datacenter global environment serving game and consumer services.
- Develop tools for the management and automation of the systems and service infrastructure
- Define and implement standards that will impact systems, services and multiple software environments
- Provide subject matter expertise to internal customers on the full breadth of the development lifecycle
- Diagnose and resolve technical issues from both internal and external customers
- Participate in 24x7 on call support for our products
Who We Think Will Be a Great Fit:
You are willing to work in a fast-paced and cutting-edge environment with other highly skilled professionals, and anxious to grow and develop skills that will help make 2K the best gaming company in the world.
- Experience with Linux
- Experience with Data Centre
- Strong experience with at least one or more of Python, Ruby or Perl and a good understanding of code management
- Experience deploying and supporting system operations tools (Puppet, Chef, Ansible)
- Significant experience working on a highly-available/mission-critical environment, and with the associated operational principles
- Significant Experience operating and managing cloud computing environments (AWS, GCP, Azure, etc)
- Demonstrated ability to decompose complex problems. Able to engage in lateral investigations
- Experience working with containers, VMs, as well as a microservice architecture
- Familiarity with Git and Perforce
- Experience with developing software for highly scalable/distributed systems
- A background of building CI/CD pipelines in Jenkins, TeamCity, or Spinnaker
- Experience with LAN routing protocols and the ability to parse network traces
- Skillful at writing complex SQL queries and optimizing queries and indexes.