Senior Manager, Mobile UA
Who We Are:
2K develops and publishes interactive entertainment globally for console systems, handheld gaming devices, and personal computers including smartphones and tablets. 2K is a leading publisher of today’s most popular gaming genres and most well-known for critically acclaimed game franchises like NBA 2K, WWE 2K, Bioshock, Borderlands, Evolve, XCOM and the beloved Sid Meier’s Civilization.
What We Need:
2K is looking for a passionate and self-motivated Sr. Manager, Mobile UA to build and grow the Mobile User Acquisition function at 2K. Reporting to the Director, Mobile UA, this role will have work a number of stakeholders to grow 2K’s existing mobile games – and also to launch of number of new exciting franchises on mobile platforms.
The role will have a particular focus on delivering game-specific audience, creative and optimization strategies. The role will also oversee the execution of these strategies by developing a holistic user acquisition plan for assigned titles. The Sr. Manager Mobile UA, will need to represent the interests of the Mobile UA on a number of cross-functional teams and will need to be comfortable discussing technical detail and clarifying marketing requirements in product focused conversations. The role will also need to feel comfortable inputting on tactical marketing decisions (e.g. which ad-units the team is using on a certain platform) and overall responsibility for the performance of UA campaigns for all mobile games will ladder up to this role.
The role is inherently collaborative. Key departments that the role will interact with are the Product Marketing team, the Analytics team, the Product teams, as well as peers on the West Coast, and Dublin, Ireland. An ability to clearly communicate complex strategies in a visual and accessible manner is a pre-requisite for the role. The Sr. Manager, Mobile UA will be based in Singapore and report into the Director, Mobile UA.
What You Will Do:
- Lead the development and implementation of world-class targeting and optimization strategies for 2K’s current and future mobile video games.
- Work with customers across the business – primarily in the mobile product marketing and mobile product organizations – to ensure that Mobile UA campaigns are delivering on their business goals.
- Be the mobile team’s expert in current and future mobile advertising trends, including proactively introducing new advertising channels, aggressively testing new optimization methods, and advocating for new ad formats.
- Ensure that the work of the mobile UA is being circulated throughout the organization in a timely and understandable manner.
- Establishing processes and technologies that work across all games.
- Drive key strategic cross-functional initiatives
- Working with the analytics team on Campaign targets linked to predicted revenue models
- Working with the product team to ensure the maximization of live-operations events
Who We Think Will Be a Great Fit:
You have an analytical mind with an ability to distill complex projects into actionable items that can be distributed to team members. Clarity of thought is a must. You should have a holistic view of the entire user journey and the impact of interventions at various stages. You should be a solution-oriented, creative problem solver and self-starter with passion and enthusiasm for driving results.
- 5+ years of experience leading mobile user acquisition for successful mobile titles
- Demonstrated experience scaling annual UA budgets from launch to growth to maturity
- Demonstrated experience in identifying, working with, and maximizing current and new mobile user acquisition platforms, including Facebook/Instagram, Snap, UAC, Apple Search, a wide range of ad networks (Unity, Vungle, Applovin, etc.), and more.
- Demonstrated experience building processes and exit KPIs for creative testing at high velocity (~20-50 new creatives per month)
- Proven analytical skills; ability to analyze raw data, draw conclusions, and develop actionable recommendations – even when the available data might not be perfect.
- Proven communications skills; ability to understand customer needs and design scalable systems to deliver on requirements. Also an ability to distill complex strategies down to accessible concepts and communicate them to executives.
- Strong Excel skills including (e.g. pivot tables, vlookups, etc).
- Proven experience with input into complex budget strategies across diverse geographies.
- Experience with digital marketing communications and the role they play in the broader marketing mix.
- Self-starter and problem solver
- Ability to develop strong, open, and collaborative working relationships by gaining trust to successfully manage and deliver against expectations
- Consistently exhibit natural curiosity and dynamism.
- Innate ability to respectfully challenge the status quo.