Senior Manager, Lifecycle Marketing - Core Games
2K publishes some of the most popular video game franchises on the planet including Borderlands, BioShock, NBA 2K, WWE 2K, XCOM, and Sid Meier’s Civilization. The Core Games Marketing Team is comprised of experienced and talented marketing professionals and exceptional communications, social and influencer teams working together and across the company to create memorable and innovative campaigns for the Core Games portfolio of titles.
What We Need:
Reporting to the Sr. Manager, Global Marketing Strategy, the Manager, Lifecycle Marketing will play a strategic and critical role on the Core Games team driving both Lifecycle, and Live Services, Marketing efforts for our Borderlands portfolio and other projects as assigned. You are a Lifecycle Marketing rockstar in games responsible for designing cohesive and seamless player journeys and compelling content and event opportunities that drive acquisition, engagement, and loyalty.
This role is primarily responsible for building and executing the Brand Lifecycle Strategy to motivate players, both new and existing, to engage with our titles. This includes defining when, where and what content our players see at critical moments in their network progression across Dynamic Omni Channel Messaging channels.
What You Will Do:
- Lead customer acquisition and engagement strategy, planning, optimization and measurement across Borderlands and Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands titles and build out customer journeys for the various aspects of the lifecycle based on customer insights and behaviors.
- Create customer live service frameworks and programs to attract and retain gamers.
- Plan the strategic communication and drive the execution of the program, ensuring quality asset deliverables and cohesive journeys for our customers.
- Partnering with teams to increase the lifetime value of our players by developing strategies that guide how game teams take advantage of various in game tools and features, while looking at future opportunities for optimization.
- Drive global plan to ensure content briefs and content calendars deliver on lifecycle and live services marketing objectives, on time and to quality expectations.
- Lead the Strategy behind our A/B and/or multivariate testing efforts to gain learnings and optimize the Player Lifecycle.
- Ensure reporting and analysis are leading to meaningful change across evergreen and campaign-based content.
- Deep understanding of our player segmentation approach.
- Develop strategies for reaching cohorts and player segments based on business goals of assigned channels.
- Key point of contact for live service and lifecycle strategy programs.
- Be a champion of the live services opportunities and of our players lifecycle journey, elevating the Borderlands and Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands Brands and ensuring the highest quality interactions with our customer across all brand channels.
Who We Think Will Be A Great Fit:
- Lifecycle Strategy - Working across acquisition, engagement, retention, monetization and models to drive player/consumer acquisition, engagement, long term retention and business growth through monetization within the gaming or interactive entertainment space.
- Managing People – Provide strong direction and collaboration to a diverse team of cross-functional leads. Ability to build trust and credibility within a matrixed team including with stakeholders from product development, commercial, and other internal and external partners.
- Strong Communicator – Requires the ability to have influence and impact within a matrix organization both across departments and across geographies. Ability to create rapport and create impact.
- Topical Knowledge – Have a passion for video gaming. Knowing games and player habits will be key to developing Brand strategy and growth across social channels while creating content relevant to our community.
- Project Management – Proactive lead owning the project, a critical thinker and problem solver establishing the goal posts, and ensuring the team delivers together is a cohesive and timely manner.