Senior Manager, Corporate Communications
Who We Are
Founded in 2005, 2K Games is a global video game company, publishing titles developed by some of the most influential game development studios in the world. Our studios responsible for developing 2K’s portfolio of world-class games across multiple platforms, include Visual Concepts, Firaxis, Hangar 13, CatDaddy, Cloud Chamber, and HB Studios. Our portfolio of titles is expanding due to our global strategic plan, building and acquiring exciting studios whose content continues to inspire all of us! 2K publishes titles in today’s most popular gaming genres, including sports, shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, casual, and family entertainment.
Our team of engineers, marketers, artists, writers, data scientists, producers, thinkers and doers, are the professional publishing stewards of our growing library of critically-acclaimed franchises such as NBA 2K, Battleborn, BioShock, Borderlands, The Darkness, Mafia, Sid Meier’s Civilization, WWE 2K, and XCOM.
At 2K, we pride ourselves on creating an inclusive work environment, which means encouraging our teams to Come as You Are and do your best work! We are dedicated to diversity and inclusion, and want our community of candidates to reflect this commitment. We encourage all qualified applicants to explore our global positions.
2K is headquartered in Novato, California and is a wholly owned label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).
Senior Manager, Corporate Communications
Who We Are
Our vision at 2K is to create a diverse and inclusion environment to “Come as You are and Feel Equipped to do Your Best Work!” We are dedicated to promoting diversity, multiculturalism, and equality in all that we do. Our communities are focused on increased access and personal growth, and their greatness depends on a diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin, and perspective. We're an equal opportunity employer, and we're excited to build the future of co-living with the world's most hardworking and passionate people.
The Communications team manages all forms of public relations for 2K and its titles. We are a team of talented storytellers and communications professionals dedicated to raising awareness and driving purchase intent for our company and slate of fantastic games. We challenge ourselves to create fresh strategies and leverage our deep relationships with media and influencers to tell compelling brand stories.
What We Need
An experienced, hungry, and vested PR professional to develop, oversee and execute well-reasoned and holistic global communications plans for 2K’s brand while managing relationships with internal stakeholders, studio leads, licensors and other key partners associated with our products. A person with a proven track record of leading and/or executing corporate communications campaigns with the consistent goal of delivering great interactive entertainment to our multiple audiences, including fan communities. Someone with the ability to think and act quickly, with terrific writing skills, who can create strategic plans and execute against them.
What You Will Do
- Reporting to the Global VP of Communications, you will serve as a primary global strategist and project manager for corporate communications campaigns, setting measurable objectives, creating strategies, and driving tactical executions, as well as measuring and reporting ROI and other team-determined performance goals
- Lead the tactical execution of these campaigns (with agency partners), observing best practices in our industry and beyond while incorporating team feedback and insight
- Work in collaborative partnership with our Director of Corporate Communications, Social Media team, business partners and parent company colleagues overseeing Investor Relations, Corporate Communications and Public Affairs to plan and deliver compelling content and storytelling strategies that will engage fans via traditional media as well as on our brand social media channels
- Manage relationships with external PR agencies and relevant vendors, thoughtfully and accurately maintaining all product budgets while overseeing execution of agency work and prioritization of projects
- Balance your role as a global strategist with personal ownership and execution of key media relationships
- Monitor and analyze key campaign performance indicators, leveraging insights and audience feedback to improve current and future campaign performance
- Possess strong written and verbal communications skills with an eye toward translating outbound communications narratives with internal communications goals
Who We Think Will Be A Great Fit
2K is looking for a PR professional with well-rounded Corporate Communications experience. An experienced global campaign strategist and project manager with media relationships in areas like business, gaming, consumer, entertainment, sports, tech and/or related trades. A great fit has experience with (or at least a strong interest in) taking a data-driven approach to communications strategy. The ideal candidate is also versed in and has experience running speaking programs, awards programs, philanthropic endeavors.
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, communications, English or a related area of study
- A minimum of 8+ years of public relations work experience, including global. PR agency experience and knowledge of the video games industry is preferred but not required. Prior experience working with licensed C-suite executives, other senior leaders, entertainment properties also key to the success of this job.
- A demonstrated track record of developing well-reasoned, strategic plans and managing them to completion within scope and budget while achieving set goals
- Passion for video games and related industry, ideally complemented with professional and/or personal interests in sports, entertainment, popular culture, celebrity, travel and/or emerging technologies. The ideal candidate is not required to have immediate product knowledge of 2K’s brands or be a “hardcore fan.” However, once on board, the successful candidate must take a deep and active interest in learning the brands inside and out, keep up with brand developments and more as directed.
- Highly motivated, well organized, passionate, analytical-thinking and detail-oriented. Exceptional interpersonal and written communications skills. Polished presenter who is comfortable leading and motivating others. Ability to build strong and lasting professional relationships with internal partner groups, licensors, vendors and other individuals. A self-starter with no ego, a can-do, team player attitude and track record of balancing multiple projects with flawless execution
- Ability to anticipate necessary next actions and accept responsibility for moving projects toward completion
- Strong PC skills, including Google Suite, MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Familiarity with social listening and video analytics tools, as well as social content platforms like YouTube/Twitch, is a plus
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to ensuring that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform their essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us if you need reasonable accommodation.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com accounts.