Security Operations Analyst
Who We Are
2K develops and publishes interactive entertainment globally for console systems, handheld gaming devices and personal computers, including smartphones and tablets. 2K is a leading publisher of today’s most popular gaming genres and is most well-known for critically acclaimed game franchises like NBA 2K, WWE 2K, Bioshock, Borderlands, Evolve, XCOM, and the beloved Sid Meier’s Civilization.
What We Need
2K Security is looking for a Security Operations Analyst who can contribute to the operation of a geographically distributed and diverse global Security Operations program. You will need expertise with enterprise security tools like SIEM, next-gen firewalls, vulnerability scanning solutions and security automation/orchestration.
What You Will Do
- Monitor, track, and analyze networks/systems for potential security violations and respond to all such incidents.
- Develop correlation rules, tuning policies, automation and application logic for Security Operations systems.
- Act as subject matter expert for information security events and/or incidents.
- Ensure security event SLA’s are met.
- Report security trends and/or problems to management.
- Participate in on-call rotation for security incidents.
- Research emerging threats that apply to 2K and the gaming industry in general.
- Participate in security root cause analysis and follow-up.
- Identify and suggest process improvements for Security Operations.
- Understand and apply existing playbooks.
- Modify & maintain playbooks under the direction of Security Operations leadership
- Engage in threat hunting exercises under the direction of Security Operations leadership
Who We Think Will Be a Great Fit
The ideal candidate will have recent experience within a SOC or Security Operations team.
They will have a passion for security and an innate sense of curiosity driving them to not just respond to alerts or security events but to seek to fully understand them. They will have good written and verbal communication skills and be able to communicate with people in offices around the globe.
- 3+ years of Information Security experience in a hands-on Analyst/Engineer role.
- Previous experience with creating, tuning and monitoring SIEM systems.
- Experience with next generation firewalls, anti-virus, intrusion detection systems, vulnerability scanning solutions and other security tools found in large enterprise network environments.
- Practical knowledge of Linux and Windows operating systems.
- Working understanding of network technologies (TCP/IP, PCAP’s, etc).
- Knowledge of standard frameworks for incident handling e.g. NIST 800-61.
- Ability to participate in on-call rotations and work off hours as needed.
- Displays a passion for developing themselves and fellow team members.
- Experience with SOAR (Security Orchestration, Automation, and Response) platforms.
- Previous experience with using Splunk, or the ELK Stack.
- Willing to travel occasionally