Regional Strategy & Planning Analyst / Manager, Asia
2K is a videogame publisher, managing some of the most creative, respected, and premium brands in games today.
Founded in 2005 within Take Two Interactive (TTWO), 2K develops and publishes interactive entertainment for PC, console and mobile platforms. Our world-class team of engineers, developers, graphic artists and publishing professionals are stewards of a growing library of critically-acclaimed franchises such as BioShock, Borderlands, Mafia, NBA 2K, Sid Meier’s Civilization, The Darkness, WWE 2K, and XCOM.
This role will be part of the Growth Strategy team that is responsible for title P&L, business growth, and commercial operations globally. We partner across the organization to align on business objectives and then execute against them with efficiency. This role will focus on the high-profile NBA2K franchise.
Who We’re Looking For
The Strategy & Planning Analyst / Manager will be instrumental in providing data, insights and analyses to help drive growth of the NBA2K franchise across Asia. You will provide and analyze data to track game performance, work on financial modelling to underpin regional growth strategies, and assist with presenting findings and recommendations to senior management and relevant stakeholders. The role reports directly into the Asia Senior Director of Growth Strategy and collaborate closely with both the global Growth Strategy team and various functional teams across Asia.
We are looking for someone who is highly analytical and detail oriented, demonstrates expertise in query development, and is familiarity with analyzing & synthesizing data and reporting out findings to a wide range of stakeholders.
What You Will Do
- Prepare, verify and analyze internal and external data on game performance and commercial opportunities
- Navigate and query the wide range of databases that are key to the NBA2K business to support strategic initiatives (unit sales, revenue, in-game telemetry, player segments, user migration, etc.)
- Build financial models and forecasts using internal and external data
- Create reports and presentations that summarize findings and recommendations for a broad audience
- Identify and drive process improvements that can improve efficiency and alignment across teams
- Collaborate closely with global and regional functional teams including marketing, sales, analytics, product development, live services and finance to identify opportunities and gaps
What Skills Are Needed
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant area of study (e.g. Business, Engineering, Computer Science, Statistics)
- 3-6 years of experience with forecasting, data analysis and creating insights at a fast-moving digital business (e.g. video games, e-commerce, subscription businesses, live-services and/or mobile in-app economies)
- 1-2 years of experience in top-tier consulting firms preferred
- High proficiency in SQL —ability to develop, QA, and automate queries from scratch
- Proficiency in Tableau, Power BI and the aptitude to quickly learn financial and reporting software
- Experience with building models / forecasts in Excel
- A knack for data quality assurance and a keen eye for when ‘the numbers don’t look right’
- Excellent communication skills, with experience working across various levels of the organization and personality types
- Experience working in the video games industry is not required, but familiarity with gaming is a plus
What We Offer
- 1 year contract with an opportunity to convert to full-time role based on performance
- Competitive salary
- Opportunity to join one of the largest videogame publishers with high growth
- Nimble, collaborative & creative culture
- Personal development plan, continuous learning opportunities and exposure to many functional teams
- Central location, next to Newton MRT