(Closed) QA Tester - Temporary
SUMMARY: WFH to test AAA video game titles on various consoles, PCs and handhelds to check software for errors and enter them into the test database. This is up to a 12-month temporary assignment. Reports to the Lead and/or QA Manager.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Find defects in the software using established and tedious methods.
- Accurately execute all assigned test cases.
- Enter detailed, but concise, bugs into bug database.
- Regress fixed bugs on each release.
- Give insight as to the playability of a title(s).
- Be a positive role model, in terms of work performance, attitude and attendance.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Technically proficient with PCs and gaming consoles.
- Computer literacy, specifically MS Word, Outlook and Database Software.
- Ability to use Zoom and Slack for communications daily.
- Be engaged and effective in a WFH environment.
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum age of 18 years and above.
- Ability to test both 2D and 3D games repeatedly, while listening and looking for bugs.
- Ability to test using a handheld gaming device and various other gaming platforms.
- Be able to work from home and adhere to all confidentiality and non-disclosure policies.
- A positive attitude with the ability to work in a remote team environment.
- Reliable, and can be counted on to work all scheduled shifts.
- Capable of working any mandatory overtime, which can occur during the work week, weekends, and occasional holidays.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time and occasionally lift up to 20 lbs.
- Testing experience with AAA titles, multiple games, and on multiple platforms.
- Previous WFH experience with proven performance success.
- Broadband Internet connection and bandwidth at a minimum of 100mb.