(Closed) QA Localization Lead
Who We Are
A fun, hard-working, and dedicated family of experienced game developers working cross platform, with a current focus on mobile and emerging platforms. We keep our eyes set on broad appeal and an engaging experience for our players. We are always looking for people who want to make the best out of great games.
As a QA Localization Lead you will manage a team of QA Localization Testers and Senior Testers, coordinate test plan execution on pre-release versions of software to detect and record product defects and maintain a fluid communication with a global team. You will report to the QA Localization Manager.
- Supervise projects through the various stages of testing and milestones of their lifecycle to ensure product localization quality as well as adherence to requirements set by platform-holders.
- Adapt and execute the test plan, create test cases and other testing documentation to ensure thorough testing for all supported languages (other than English)
- Maintain and monitor databases to ensure that all bugs are written or addressed according to our best practices and are correctly actioned
- Effectively check and identify platform-holders’ requirements that would involve localization
- Manage projects’ progress, organizing the workload across your team, establishing and achieving deadlines.
- Keep all stakeholders informed, providing frequent reports and documentation to QA Management, Producers and Developers
- Manage vendors so they work in alignment with our internal standards and with our internal teams
- Identify opportunities for improving the QA Localization Department, defining new processes, and refining existing ones
- Oversee the QA Localization testing team, assist in the recruitment and training processes, evaluate staff performance
- Mentor and coach team members to help them achieve their goals, providing valuable guidance and constructive feedback
- Support Managers, Producers and/or Developers, gathering requirements, answering queries, and providing all necessary documentation
- Identify and inform of potential risks for the project and collaborate on issues discussion and prioritization
- Prepare and present daily reports, weekly status reports, sign-off reports, and post-mortem reports
Knowledge And Skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication etiquette in English (C1 level or higher)
- Advanced MS Office suite, Google suite and Outlook skills
- Familiarity with databases and bug tracking tools (e.g. Helix, Xloc, Jira)
- Excellent time management, prioritization, and organization skills
- Understanding of the departments’ core values and willingness to help create a positive culture
- Ability to act as a positive role model for testers within the department
- Adaptability, empathy, and creativity solving problems