PR Communications Manager, Americas - NBA 2K
Who We Are
The Communications team manages all public relations and influencer marketing for 2K titles. We are a team of talented storytellers, passionate video game players and communications professionals dedicated to raising awareness and driving purchase intent for our slate of fantastic games. We challenge ourselves to create fresh strategies, and leverage our deep relationships with consumer media, enthusiast press, and influencers to tell compelling brand stories.
What We Need
An experienced PR professional to develop and execute well-reasoned and holistic communications plans for one of 2K’s most popular sports game franchises, NBA 2K, while managing relationships with the talented development teams who create these games. A person with a proven track record of leading global communications campaigns for consumer products and is knowledgeable in sports and sports video games.
What You Will Do
- Reporting to the Director of Global Communications for NBA 2K, you will serve as a primary strategist and project manager for North America communications campaigns for the NBA 2K franchise, setting measurable objectives, creating strategies, driving tactical execution, and measuring and reporting ROI
- Lead the tactical execution of these plans (with agency partners) in North America and Latin America, observing best practices in our industry and beyond, and incorporating developer feedback and insight
- Contribute to the relationship with development teams
- Navigate internal departments to collect information for the purpose of creating a cohesive and strategic PR plan, including legal, commercial, 1st party, creative services, partnerships and brand marketing.
- Proactively manage and deftly balance multiple initiatives and timelines, each involving multiple stakeholders, including the NBA and NBPA
- Balance your role as a strategist with personal ownership and execution of key consumer and enthusiast media relationships
- Monitor and analyze key campaign performance indicators and leverage insights and audience feedback to improve current and future campaign performance
- Manage relationship with external PR agencies and relevant vendors, accurately maintaining all product budgets and overseeing execution of agency work and prioritization of projects
- Work in partnership with Influencer Marketing Manager and Social Media Manager colleagues to plan compelling content and storytelling strategies that will engage fans on our brands’ social media channels, as well as influencers’ channels
- Have a willingness to complete any other reasonable activity required by the Vice President of Communications or the Communications team
Who We Think Will Be A Great Fit
2K is looking for a PR professional with experience launching video games, ongoing lifecycle management, and a personal passion for sports and 2K’s core game franchises. They are an experienced campaign strategist and project manager with a long list of established media relationships in the gaming, entertainment and tech industries. They have experience with (or at least a strong interest in) taking a data-driven approach to communications strategy. They are versed in and have experience working with social and content platforms like YouTube, Twitch, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter, and have collaborated closely with Influencer Marketing Managers and Social Media Managers in the past.
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, communications, English or a related area of study
- A minimum of 5+ years of public relations work experience to include at least one year of global exposure, including experience launching video games. PR agency experience and knowledge of videogames industry is strongly preferred
- A demonstrated track record of developing well-reasoned, strategic plans, and managing them to completion within scope and budget and achieving set goals
- Strong passion for sports, culture and videogames
- Excellent organization, interpersonal, and written and verbal communications skills. Ability to build strong, lasting professional relationships with internal partner groups and individuals
- Ability to anticipate necessary next actions and accept responsibility for moving projects toward completion
- Strong PC skills, including MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Familiarity with social listening and video analytics tools like Tubular, Synthesio and SpikeTrap, as well as social content platforms like YouTube/Twitch/Mixer is strongly preferred
**Note to all candidates: Please include a cover letter when applying - thank you!**