Motion Capture Scenic Carpenter
Who We Are:
2K develops and publishes interactive entertainment globally for console systems, handheld gaming devices, and personal computers, including smartphones and tablets. 2K is a leading publisher of today’s most popular gaming genres and most well-known for critically acclaimed game franchises like NBA 2K, WWE 2K, Bioshock, Borderlands, Evolve, XCOM, the Mafia series, and the beloved Sid Meier’s Civilization.
2K’s motion capture (or MoCap) studio is in Petaluma, California. If you aren't familiar with motion capture, then we have you covered! Actors wear suits with reflective markers attached to their joints. By capturing talent's movement, the data is then retargeted to animate our various characters!
What We Need:
The 2K MoCap studio’s shop is looking for a new fabricator with a focus in woodworking to fill a 1 year contracted position working to support our multifaceted shoot schedule. We provide production support for two motion capture stages building out environments and props.
We have a small fabrication team that works together to get set pieces made in an efficient and timely manner from conception to use on stage. Fabricators must be safe and comfortable using various saws, power tools, and building techniques. You will need to be good at taking direction and willing to adapt to sudden requests. Past work in Motion Capture production is a major plus. This is a fast-paced environment with multiple projects with their own specific needs. We are filming motion capture, requiring a specific type of finishing work: good, proven, and safe surfaces for talent to interact with are very important, faux painting, fine woodworking, and visual realness less so.
- Construct props and set pieces for stage use
- Work efficiently both independently and with a team
- Industry best practices regarding safety procedures
- Able to read and interpret build designs
- Must be organized, detail-oriented, and have an eye for quality
- Willingness to modify builds as needed
- Comfortable working in a fast pace environment and adaptable to changes
- Maintain shop organization and cleanliness throughout the day
- Uphold a professional work environment
- Comfortable learning and operating a scissor lift
Who We Believe Will Be A Phenomenal Fit:
A great fit for our team has a positive attitude and enjoys their work. We like folks that abide by and encourage teammates to work in a safe and constructive environment. We are a congenial bunch that enjoys personalities with the knowledge of how to conduct themselves expertly and relish teamwork. Some of our work is fairly simple, but we appreciate the more challenging builds and find encouragement in the troubleshooting.
- 2 years woodworking experience in a scenic/prop environment
- 1+ years of other fabrication experience
- metal, upholstery, sewing, 3D printing, CNC operating, etc
- Must be dependable and flexible to work on studio/shop needs
- Able to lift 65lbs
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Working knowledge of email and Microsoft office suit
- Experience with Motion Capture
- Experience with performance-based builds such as Theatre/Film
- Experience with plastics, fabric, puppets, and paint
- Experience and interest with other production disciplines: 3D printing, CNC, Robotics, Machining, Rigging, electrics, etc
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.