Marketing Intelligence Intern
Founded in 2005, 2K Games is a global video game company, publishing titles developed by some of the most influential game development studios in the world. Our studios responsible for developing 2K’s portfolio of world-class games across multiple platforms, include Visual Concepts, Firaxis, Hangar 13, CatDaddy, Cloud Chamber, and HB Studios. Our portfolio of titles is expanding due to our global strategic plan, building and acquiring exciting studios whose content continues to inspire all of us! 2K publishes titles in today’s most popular gaming genres, including sports, shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, casual, and family entertainment.
Our team of engineers, marketers, artists, writers, data scientists, producers, thinkers and doers, are the professional publishing stewards of our growing library of critically-acclaimed franchises such as NBA 2K, Battleborn, BioShock, Borderlands, The Darkness, Mafia, Sid Meier’s Civilization, WWE 2K, and XCOM.
At 2K, we pride ourselves on creating an inclusive work environment, which means encouraging our teams to Come as You Are and do your best work! We are dedicated to diversity and inclusion, and want our community of candidates to reflect this commitment. We encourage all qualified applicants to explore our global positions.
2K is headquartered in Novato, California and is a wholly owned label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).
WHAT WE NEED:
We are looking for a data scientist who is an aspiring SQL Ninja and understands how to pull data from central databases and display it in a more consumer-friendly manor either through Tableu or something else.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Evaluate the current telemetry hooks in our Firaxis titles and assess the best way to access this data by working with the data analytics team and performance marketing teams
- Design a more user-friendly dashboard that can display relevant data to the Firaxis marketing organization in a manner that is flexible and secure of the source data
- Make recommendations for future telemetry systems and requirements to add future functionality and additional connected systems (eg CRM, social, etc.)
WHO WE THINK WILL BE A GREAT FIT:
- You are enrolled in either a college or university at the time of the internship
- You are extremely technical, but also able to talk and interact with non-technical people
- You have a passion for games--preferably strategy titles (bonus points if you're a fan of Civilization)
- You are a self-starter and able to work in a bit of an ambiguous environment