Manager, Demand Generation
Roles and Responsibilities
Management and Project Management
- Support the Senior Manager in developing and improving demand generation strategies and executions for video game franchises such as Borderlands, Civilization, XCOM, PGA Tour 2K, WWE 2K, Mafia, and more
- Steward and improve the intake process for biddable media, email, and first-party marketing briefs, assets, and copy
- Project manage across Global Strategy, Marketing Tech, Demand Generation, Influencer, Public Relations, Operations, Web, Content, Live Services, Growth, and other teams to develop plans and execute
- Coordinate strategy and execution of marketing plans with operational teams across the globe for all lifecycle phases of video games of varying genres
- Represent the Demand Generation team, including its strategies, plans, best practices, and processes on regular meetings with Territory Leads, Global Marketing, and other cross-functional departments
- Own the relationship with the Accounts Payable team to ensure Demand Generation budget is appropriately planned for and reconciled monthly for all paid channels
- Track progress on Demand Generation-adjacent Marketing Tech projects and develop coherent briefs for new projects
- Work closely with operational teams to ensure the effective running of reporting, targeting, creative and bidding strategy
- Own and distribute key marketing reports around Hype Generation, Buy Intent, Install, and E-Commerce objectives, utilizing and improving upon established templates and benchmarking methodologies
- Develop with the support of the Growth Team clear volume targets with daily, weekly and monthly tracking against KPIs
- Utilize experience and understanding of the role of content, not only within marketing channels but within the consumer journey, with an eye towards conversion optimization across the entire funnel from awareness to conversion
- Work with Global Strategy team and stakeholders to determine customer segments and advise content and targeting strategies to maximize effectiveness
- Partner with Creative Services and agencies to advise on compelling content for various media and channels, develop test ideas and manage A/B testing assets
- Act as a centre of excellence for the global markets to help with the implementation of local activations increasing the overall effectiveness of campaigns
- The Manager, Demand Generation must have a bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Information Technology, Computer Science, or any other related field. An equivalent of the same in working experience is also acceptable.
- A candidate for the position will have had 3 years working experience in a digital marketing position, preferably in the gaming industry or at an agency. The candidate will also have had significant experience in building and scaling acquisition programs that target consumers as well as experience in media planning across a broad online media mix
- The Manager, Demand Generation will also portray a passion and exceptional analytical skills and demonstrate a fluency in acquisition of metrics, being able to evaluate and orchestrate large campaigns spanning numerous marketing channels. They will be capable of determining key metrics and measuring the success of performance strategies.
- A candidate for this position must also be a strong communicator both in verbal and written form, for the purpose of effectively reporting on programs and campaigns. In addition to this, the position of Manager, Demand Generation is a highly collaborative position and for smooth execution of cross-functional duties, communication must be clear and unambiguous. They will also have an ability to translate complex information and data into clear and easily understandable reports.
- The position requires that the candidate is highly adaptable and has an ability to learn quickly and come up with prompt solutions for marketing campaigns and programs. High levels of adaptability and creativity are necessary qualities in order to constantly keep the department/business ahead of competition in the marketplace.
The Manager, Demand Generation will also have exceptional interpersonal skills that will aid in the execution of their duties. They will have an ability to prioritize and meet deadlines when working on multiple projects with tight deadlines, be decisive, have a positive can-do attitude, have a keen eye for detail, be proactive, have an ability to form logical cases that persuade colleagues, and have an ability to present recommendations and results to senior management with confidence.