Live Services Marketing – NBA 2K Intern
Who We Are
2K is a leading global developer and publisher of some of today’s most popular games and is most well-known for several of its critically-acclaimed franchises, including NBA 2K, Borderlands, BioShock, Mafia, WWE 2K, Sid Meier’s Civilization, XCOM, PGA TOUR 2K and more. The NBA 2K Marketing Team is comprised of experienced and talented marketing professionals and an exceptional communications team working together and across the company to create memorable and innovative campaigns for NBA 2K’s latest offering.
What We Need
Reporting to the Sr. Manager, Global Live Services Marketing, the Live Services Marketing Intern will support the NBA 2K Live Services Marketing Team by helping ensure its lifecycle marketing tactics and content are best-in-class. This role will research best practices in the video game industry for web, mobile, social media, email, and in-game messaging. They will conduct a competitive analysis and collaborate with cross functional teams to implement some of their findings.
We value our NBA 2K players and want to provide them as much personal, relevant, and timely content as possible. This role will help ensure that our entire user journey is comprised of dynamic marketing channels that deliver unique value to those players.
What You Will Do
- Research best practices for web, mobile, social media, email, and in-game messaging and conduct competitive analysis. Research will include playing video games and identifying ways in which the video game brand provides a personalized experience for you both inside and outside of game
- Create competitive analysis presentation and share findings with Marketing leadership
- Help write marketing briefs that can be used across marketing channels
- Collaborate with teams across the NBA 2K org including Marketing, Commercial, Creative, and Web Development to ensure that content is seamlessly created and updated
- Monitor marketing calendar and content from other NBA 2K marketing channels to ensure that web specific content is aligned.
- Review quantitative and qualitative analysis and make recommendations for upcoming campaigns
- Review campaign performance and make optimization recommendations
Who We Think Will Be a Great Fit
- You are enrolled in either a college or university at the time of the internship
- You are studying marketing or a related field
- You enjoy creative thinking and are happy to brainstorm
- You are organized
- You are willing to roll up your sleeves and get things done
- Being passionate about NBA 2K, video games, and/or NBA basketball is a plus
- Familiarity and excitement for digital marketing is a plus