International Communications Manager
Reporting to the Global Communications Director, this role forms a key part of the International Communications team, leading the development of measurable, strategic international communications plans for an array of 2K titles.
The International Communications Manager works closely with the territory communications teams across the region, ensuring communications plans are deployed in line with business objectives, and supporting and facilitating the territory teams to generate positive awareness and coverage for 2K and its products.
The role supports the Global Communications lead in the development of the global communications strategy and requires a diplomatic voice to champion the perspectives of the territory communications teams. The role also works closely with both internal and external development studios.
The International Communications Manager also has direct line management of the International Social and Community Manager, to ensure a consistent flow of messaging throughout all earned and owned channels.
- Partner with and influence the Global Communications Team from project kick-off through launch and beyond to contribute to building and executing world-class communications strategies across the region.
- Become an extension of the Global Communications Team, be integral to the creation of the global communications plan and be a voice for International Territories to ensure international communications needs, events and opportunities are considered during planning.
- Forge a close relationship with the International Brand Managers to ensure the international communications plan delivers on the global strategy.
- Work closely with the Head of International Communications to ensure that territory brand plans are received, summarised and approved by executive team.
- Support the Territory PR Managers on the execution of local communications plans and initiatives, providing them with guidance and working closely with them to harmonise all activities with agreed global plan.
- Develop strategies to engage international content creators, including YouTubers, streamers and influencers.
- Coordinate with the International Brand Managers and International Community & Social Managers to ensure all activities are aligned and on brand.
- Co-ordinate, distribute and, if required, produce the creation of PR assets to the international territories.
- Organize and lead press trips to developer studios and international developer tours, and travel to conventions, press events and other industry related events as required.
- Work with both internal and external development studios to accommodate interview and feature requests from international media.
- Report on key communications activities and events sharing results vs. KPIs, key learnings and relevant insights to all key stakeholders
- Day to day management of the International Social and Community Manager, guiding them in creating engaging content campaigns on all community channels
- Develop and maintain close relationships with first parties, licensors and other relevant external entities.
- Keep informed of market trends, products, promotional avenues and opportunities. Sharing relevant information with the wider team.
- Understand the regional commercial status for each product, incl Sell-in, Sell-through, market share, YoY franchise performance (units & revenue).
BUILDING AND DEVELOPING RELATIONSHIPS
- Build and maintain excellent working relationships and communication channels internationally.
- Build close relationships with Marketing/Comms teams in international, global and territory offices.
- Develop positive relationships with the wider team and developers.
- Forge strong relationships with partners, licensors and first parties.
- Close relationships with all 2K/T2 departments.
- Proven track record in running effective communications campaigns on an international or territory basis with at least 4 years’ experience at a similar level.
- A strong knowledge of digital is essential, and experience (or a strong interest in) utilising a wide variety of channels in communications campaigns
- Robust understanding of the communications and media landscape, and recent/emerging trends.
- Influencer marketing is an important part of the role, experience working with or building strategies around content creators is beneficial
- Motivated self-starter who is passionate about his/her work in a multi-cultural environment and understands the nuisances of working with diversity of talents and environment across the business.
- Proven direct management experience.
- Excellent organisational skills, capable of managing conflicting deadlines in a busy office, and working well under pressure
- Strong communicator. Fluent in English, in both written and oral communication. Other language skills are considered a bonus.
- Competence in understanding international and territory requirements.
- Driven team player, with a collaborative approach and comfortable working within a complex matrix organisation
- Professional and mature attitude and communication at all times.
- Game expertise/knowledge desirable, especially shooters, action-adventure, story-driven and turn-based strategy games.
- Budget management experience.
- Willingness to travel.
Founded in 2005, 2K develops and publishes global interactive entertainment for console and handheld gaming systems, personal computers and mobile devices, with product availability including physical retail and digital download. The Company is home to many talented development studios, including Visual Concepts, Firaxis Games, Hangar 13, Cat Daddy Games, 2K Silicon Valley and Cloud Chamber. 2K’s portfolio currently includes the renowned BioShock®, Borderlands™, Mafia and XCOM® franchises; NBA® 2K, the global phenomenon and highest rated* annual sports title for the current console generation; the critically acclaimed Sid Meier’s Civilization® series; the popular WWE® 2K and WWE® SuperCard franchises, as well as emerging properties NBA® 2K Playgrounds 2, Carnival Games and more. Additional information about 2K and its products may be found at 2k.com.
2K is an equal opportunities employer and as such will endeavour to provide reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process where required. We invite candidates to notify us should they wish to discuss any reasonable adjustments.