Human Resources Generalist
Who We Are
Founded in 2005, 2K Games is a global video game company, publishing titles developed by some of the most influential game development studios in the world. Our studios responsible for developing 2K’s portfolio of world-class games across multiple platforms, include Visual Concepts, Firaxis, Hangar 13, CatDaddy, Cloud Chamber, and HB Studios. Our portfolio of titles is expanding due to our global strategic plan, building and acquiring exciting studios whose content continues to inspire all of us! 2K publishes titles in today’s most popular gaming genres, including sports, shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, casual, and family entertainment.
Our team of engineers, marketers, artists, writers, data scientists, producers, thinkers, and doers, are the professional publishing stewards of our growing library of critically acclaimed franchises such as NBA 2K, BioShock, Borderlands, Mafia, Sid Meier’s Civilization, Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands, WWE 2K, and XCOM.
At 2K, we pride ourselves on creating an inclusive work environment, which means encouraging our teams to Come as You Are and do your best work! We are dedicated to diversity and inclusion and want our community of candidates to reflect this commitment. We encourage all qualified applicants to explore our global positions.
2K is headquartered in Novato, California and is a wholly owned label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).
What We Need
We are 2K Mocap - produces mocap, audio, and video assets for our developers and clients. We take great pride in our ability to create some of the highest quality media in the games industry at our custom built, innovative studio. We love the art and technology of Motion Capture, and the structure of film production, and work together as a team of true collaborators.
Someone to partner closely with 2K Motion Capture management and 2K HR to plan and manage all aspects of human resources and employee development activities. This will include but is not limited to employee relations, onboarding/offboarding, training and development, workplace safety, policy compliance, and general studio support. Serve as an advocate for employees’ needs and ensures employees are being supported. Navigate the added layer of external crew members and vendors, talent - celebrity and otherwise, high-risk stunts, entertainment industry culture, and more.
What You Will Do
- Partnering with studio leadership to establish and support a strong, positive studio culture and inclusive environment; creates a safe space for employees
- Developing, planning, and/or managing employee activities and programs including but not limited to policy interpretation and compliance, new employee studio orientation, and employee recognition programs
- Facilitates effective and positive resolution of employee issues, displaying a genuine interest and respect for people and their concerns
- Partnering with 2K Motion Capture management and 2K’s HRBP to communicate employee concerns/requests, anticipate issues, and recommend resolution
- Overseeing and implementing safety training and awareness, maintaining OSHA logs, and leading Workers Compensation administration and claims
- Planning and conducting employee orientation activities to foster a positive attitude toward studio goals and integration of new hires
- Coordinating actor onboarding and paperwork
- Promoting and coordinating studio wellness initiatives
- Responding to inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs
- Guaranteeing adherence with employment laws and company guidelines
- HR support for all talent hired by 2K in Motion Capture Studio and Voice Over Studios
- Lead studio health and safety program including Emergency Response
- Work with developers on health and safety guidelines for motion capture shoots.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to ensuring that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform their essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us if you need reasonable accommodation.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com accounts.