Head of Global Marketing Strategy, Live-Service Games
Who We Are:
Founded in 2005, 2K Games is a global video game company, publishing titles developed by some of the most influential game development studios in the world. Our studios responsible for developing 2K’s portfolio of world-class games across multiple platforms, include Visual Concepts, Firaxis, Hangar 13, CatDaddy, Cloud Chamber, and HB Studios. Our portfolio of titles is expanding due to our global strategic plan, building and acquiring exciting studios whose content continues to inspire all of us! 2K publishes titles in today’s most popular gaming genres, including sports, shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, casual, and family entertainment.
Our team of engineers, marketers, artists, writers, data scientists, producers, thinkers and doers, are the professional publishing stewards of our growing library of critically-acclaimed franchises such as NBA 2K, Battleborn, BioShock, Borderlands, The Darkness, Mafia, Sid Meier’s Civilization, WWE 2K, and XCOM.
At 2K, we pride ourselves on creating an inclusive work environment, which means encouraging our teams to Come as You Are and do your best work! We are dedicated to diversity and inclusion, and want our community of candidates to reflect this commitment. We encourage all qualified applicants to explore our global positions.
2K is headquartered in Novato, California and is a wholly owned label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).
What We Need:
2K is looking for a Head of Global Marketing Strategy, Live-Service Games to join its core game team to drive global marketing for our upcoming live services games from 31st Union and other, unannounced studios. Reporting to the Senior Director of Global Marketing for Firaxis and Live-Service Games, the ideal candidate will have expertise synthesizing research and data to identify proper target audiences, marketing strategies, and positioning that can connect with players on an emotional level. Equally important, is your experience in always-on, live service marketing activities that can drive long-term engagement with players. Striking that perfect balance between art and science, you will work collaboratively to create innovating marketing programs with cross-functional publishing teams, development teams, external agencies, and studio leadership based on established KPIs for the business.
What You Will Do:
In this role, you will have to wear several different hats: diplomat, strategist, data analyst, creative genius, organizer, and front-line executer. You will work closely with the Development Studio and Global Publishing partners to develop and execute insights-driven, global brand marketing strategies from initial concept inception through development, launch, and beyond, maximizing long-term acquisition, engagement, retention, and monetization.
- Set global marketing and brand strategies, defining target audiences, product positioning, and franchise key performance indicators overseeing the tracking and analysis of marketing program returns.
- Lead marketing teams to brief and guide campaign development process and ensure campaigns are on brand and set up to deliver the marketing and business targets globally.
- Drive the marketing collaboration process that evaluates metrics, flags opportunities/risks, and influences the org to solutions that foster acquisition, engagement, and retention of players.
- Define and develop the customer journey across the marketing ecosystem and campaign, collaborating with commercial, product development, and marketing teams to deliver on-going brand experiences.
- Provide product / competitive expertise for Development, Marketing, and Publishing teams.
- Manage briefs for brand creative strategy and development, including digital content, websites, key art, packaging, advertising creative (digital and TV), trailers, social media, sales support materials, events/activations, web, and point-of-sale materials.
- Partner with creative agencies and in-house creative departments in the development and flawless execution of marketing plans, creative assets, campaigns, and programs.
- Partner with in-house and external public relations & community teams in developing comms strategy/execution.
- Maximize retail marketing effectiveness in conjunction with regional marketing and sales teams.
- Manage relationships with all other internal stakeholders across studios, publishing, and all other cross-functional teams to ensure full team collaboration and alignment against the goals of products, campaigns, and programs.
- Analyze project performance data, including consumer sales and in-game engagement data, to identify opportunities and challenges, then create strategies and tactics to drive results.
- Manage brand marketing budget; authorize, manage, and track expenditures.
- Manage the day-to-day communication of internal and external creative partners and help steer all creative materials' approval process.
- Project tracking, maintaining & updating deliverable dates to ensure timely delivery of global marketing materials.
Who We Think Will Be a Great Fit:
- An innovative, creative, and collaborative marketer with a rich background in live-service, always-on campaign planning and execution.
- Understanding of games-as-a-service, virtual goods, and emerging technologies and trends.
- Creative thinker and strategist with the ability to think ahead, self-prioritize effectively and contribute cross-functionally.
- Proven leader of cross-functional marketing execution teams.
- Proven success in training and developing people either directly managed or through mentorship.
- Excellent analytical, verbal, and written communication/presentation skills and a proven ability to work collaboratively across a number of internal, external, and international teams.
- Experience developing, presenting, and launching digital entertainment marketing strategies and programs geared towards 24/7/365, always-on activations.
- A strong foundational understanding of both consumer research and business analytics.
- Impeccable project management skills and a high degree of comfort in managing multiple projects.
- Results-oriented, self-motivated, extremely organized, and detail-oriented.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing or related field required. MBA preferred.
- Minimum of 15 years consumer product marketing experience with a demonstrated track record of planning & executing creative marketing programs globally, preferably digital-focused.
- Moderate travel required (industry events, developer visits, sales support / satellite office meetings.)