Global Senior Communications Manager
Who We Are
The Communications team manages all public relations and influencer marketing for 2K titles. We are a team of talented storytellers, passionate video game players and communications professionals dedicated to raising awareness and driving purchase intent for our slate of fantastic games. We challenge ourselves to create fresh strategies and leverage our deep relationships with consumer media, enthusiast press and influencers to tell compelling brand stories.
What We Need
An experienced, yet hungry and vested PR professional to develop, oversee and execute well-reasoned and holistic global communications plans for some of 2K’s most popular AAA action games as well as in-development new IP, while managing relationships with the development teams, licensor partners and other key stakeholders associated with these franchises. A person with a proven track record of leading and/or executing global communications campaigns for consumer products who relishes the opportunity to manage multiple stakeholders and priorities toward the consistent goal of delivering great interactive entertainment to our growing audiences and fan communities. Someone with experience managing direct reports locally and remotely, as well as overseeing international territories, and partner agencies.
What You Will Do
- Reporting to the Global Communications Director, you will serve as a primary global strategist and project manager for global communications campaigns for multiple AAA games, setting measurable objectives, creating strategies and driving tactical executions, as well as measuring and reporting ROI and other team-determined performance goals
- Lead the tactical execution of these plans (with agency partners) in North America and Latin America, observing best practices in our industry and beyond while incorporating team feedback and insight
- Work in collaborative partnership with the 2K brand teams, including Brand Manager, Influencer Marketing Manager and Social Media Manager colleagues, to plan compelling content and storytelling strategies that will engage fans via traditional media and influencers, as well as on our brands’ social media channels
- Manage relationships with related development teams as a key member of the 2K Communications department
- Manage relationships with external PR agencies and relevant vendors, thoughtfully and accurately maintaining all product budgets while overseeing execution of agency work and prioritization of projects
- Closely liaise with licensor partners on a variety of strategic and tactical global matters, inclusive of requests, approvals, collaborative and standalone projects, performance metrics and other campaign-related items
- Balance your role as a global strategist with personal ownership and execution of key consumer and enthusiast media relationships
- Monitor and analyze key campaign performance indicators, leveraging insights and audience feedback to improve current and future campaign performance
Who We Think Will Be A Great Fit
2K is looking for a PR professional with experience launching video games (including new IP), ongoing lifecycle management and a personal passion for 2K’s portfolio of action games and stable of development partners. He/she is an experienced global campaign strategist and project manager with media relationships in areas like gaming, consumer, entertainment, sports and/or tech. A great fit has experience with (or at least a strong interest in) taking a data-driven approach to communications strategy. The ideal candidate is also versed in and has experience working with social and content platforms like YouTube, Twitch, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter, and further, has collaborated closely with Influencer Marketing Managers and Social Media Managers in the past.
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, communications, English or a related area of study
- A minimum of 6+ years of public relations work experience to include at least one year of global exposure, including experience launching video games. PR agency experience and knowledge of the video games industry is strongly preferred. Prior experience working with licensed entertainment properties, sports brands, athletes/celebrities and/or executives is a valuable plus
- A demonstrated track record of developing well-reasoned, strategic plans and managing them to completion within scope and budget while achieving set goals
- Passion for video games and related industry, ideally complemented with professional and/or personal interests in sports, entertainment, popular culture, celebrity, travel and/or emerging technologies. The ideal candidate is not required to have immediate product knowledge of 2K’s brands or be a “hardcore fan.” However, once on board, the successful candidate must take a deep and active interest in learning the brands inside and out, keep up with brand developments and more as directed
- Highly motivated, passionate, analytical-thinking and detail-oriented. Exceptional interpersonal and written communications skills. Polished presenter who is comfortable leading and motivating others. Ability to build strong and lasting professional relationships with internal partner groups, licensors, vendors and other individuals. A self-starter with no ego, a can-do, team player attitude and track record of juggling multiple projects with flawless execution
- Ability to anticipate necessary next actions and accept responsibility for moving projects toward completion
- Strong PC skills, including Google Suite, MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Familiarity with social listening and video analytics tools, as well as social content platforms like YouTube/Twitch/Mixer, is a plus