Global Head of Influencer, Social, and Community Engagement
Who We Are:
Founded in 2005, 2K Games is a global video game company, publishing titles developed by some of the most influential game development studios in the world. Our studios responsible for developing 2K’s portfolio of world-class games across multiple platforms, include Visual Concepts, Firaxis, Hangar 13, CatDaddy, Cloud Chamber, and HB Studios. Our portfolio of titles is expanding due to our global strategic plan, building and acquiring exciting studios whose content continues to inspire all of us! 2K publishes titles in today’s most popular gaming genres, including sports, shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, casual, and family entertainment.
Our team of engineers, marketers, artists, writers, data scientists, producers, thinkers and doers, are the professional publishing stewards of our growing library of critically-acclaimed franchises such as NBA 2K, Battleborn, BioShock, Borderlands, The Darkness, Mafia, Sid Meier’s Civilization, WWE 2K, and XCOM.
At 2K, we pride ourselves on creating an inclusive work environment, which means encouraging our teams to Come as You Are and do your best work! We are dedicated to diversity and inclusion, and want our community of candidates to reflect this commitment. We encourage all qualified applicants to explore our global positions.
2K is headquartered in Novato, California and is a wholly owned label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).
What We Need:
2K is looking for a seasoned leader to elevate our already amazing team to build and drive best in class strategy and flawless execution across social, community and influencer disciplines,
We are focused on audience growth and engagement for all 2K titles and implementing plans that can scale for our games, our players, and our markets, that also allow for the relevant game or regional differences to create memorable and meaningful experiences.
Combining your proven and extensive experience and relevant insights, you will demonstrate how you can increase fandom and player engagement relevant platforms as well as be nimble and pivot based on real life occurrences; all the while maintaining consistency of voice, visual identity, and editorial standards.
This person is responsible to build fandom, turn fans into players and players into 2K brand advocates and this will require building and maintaining strong relationships both internally and externally.
The role is responsible for the social, influencer and community plan development for our game launch and Lifecycle campaigns, as well as the always on needs and for the overall 2K label level requirements.
What You Will Do:
- Develop an overarching strategy across Influencer, Social and Community for 2K including organizational structure, player acquisition and engagement plans, platform and platform priorities, relevant technology and tools, communication, and content guidelines, as well as relevant measurement criteria to be able to determine what to start, stop and continue in our plans
- Develop and implement platform-specific global and (where relevant local) strategies to increase 2k label and 2K individual game presence across Community, Influencer and Social platforms (Discord, Reddit, TikTok Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Twitch, YT etc., as well as any emerging social and community platforms/sites that allow us to continuously evolve and increases followers and drive engagement
- Partner with Global Marketing Strategy teams to ensure you and your team are fully immersed in the game launch and lifecycle campaign development ensuring a deep and insight driven player, game, platform, and market understanding, leading the development of world class social, influencer and community plans
- As social media and influencer trends change quickly and player demands constantly evolve, you will be responsible to ensure 2K is in the know, evolving as necessary and staying ahead vs constantly playing catch up and act as an internal thought leader
- Lead the team to take our current Influencer plans, growing our Next Level program, building a strategy for how and when to use influencers, as well as develop our internal influencer and stream team
- Clearly identify role, purpose, growth, and engagement goals for each platform and campaign and ensure the relevant KPIs and measurement is in place to determine the effectiveness or contribution of social/influencer and community engagement plans
- Lead the team to build a streaming strategy for each game to ensure 2K is always top of mind and meeting the player where they are
- Develop the global v local social strategy to meet global brand needs v local marketing needs and create culture of partnerships with global and international teams
- Work with Creative Services to develop the overall look and feel for each game across platform specific channels
- Work with the creative services and creative team on content development calendar, optimization, and platform-exclusive content creation across mediums to support the business objectives and ensure the necessary resourcing and plans for social reactive and social campaign content
- Work with media teams to develop organic v paid media strategy for social
- Develop and own data and analytics management and reporting across all platforms. Use data tools to inform decisions.
- Drive A/B testing and audience acquisition strategies in partnership with the global marketing strategy and demand generation marketing teams
- Oversee community engagement across all platforms and use insights to engage more effectively
- Develop a customer service strategy working together with other key team members and work with CS team to execute this plan ensuring the best possible player experience
- Be a key team member and work with the Head of Player Journey to contribute to the development of 2K’s Player First Strategy.
What Will Make You A Great Fit:
- Minimum 14 years’ experience with 7 +years managing direct and cross functional teams
- Proven track record of success leading social, influencer and community
- A keen and discriminating visual eye for brilliant creative and storytelling, as well as data/results focused with a proven ability to make decisions based on insights
- Passion for, and deep understanding of, all relevant channels/platforms and audience growth tactics with proven experience of creative, and relatable storytelling through content creation
- Proficiency with social/influencer/community analytics/measurement and ability to recognize the difference between data and actionable insights
- In-depth understanding of established and emerging platforms across the globe to identify new opportunities where 2K should be, as well as test
- Ability to prioritize and meet multiple deadlines
- Strong command of marketing best practices, with the ability to partner and collaborate with other marketing and creative teams to apply on-brand best practices
- Deep understanding of analytics tools
- Demonstrated ability to operate effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Eager, analytical problem-solver with a testing mindset and ability to translate ambiguous concepts into action plans
- Innovative self-starter who is collaborative and eager to teach, and also to learn
- Highly collaborative and motivating team player who can foster growth for team members and work independently with minimal supervision
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to ensuring that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform their essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us if you need reasonable accommodation.