Director IT Site Support EMEA
Who We Are:
2K Games Dublin is a hub focused on performance marketing, commercial strategy, data engineering and data science/analytics and is part of the 2K Games group of companies. 2K develops and publishes interactive entertainment globally for console systems, handheld gaming devices and personal computers, including smartphones and tablets. 2K is a leading publisher of today’s most popular gaming genres and most well-known for critically acclaimed game franchises like NBA 2K, WWE 2K, Bioshock, Borderlands, Evolve, XCOM and the beloved Sid Meier’s Civilization.
What We Need:
The Director, IT / Site Support (EMEA) will be responsible for the IT site support function at all 2K sites within the EMEA region, and will be a senior leader within 2K Tech’s Global Support organization.
You will be leading a multi-national team of IT Site Support personnel / Systems Administrators responsible for the onsite tech needs at six sites across the EMEA region.
Reporting to the Head of Global Support, you will lead the IT Support function across all EMEA sites and oversee all IT Support work which requires onsite execution. A strong candidate will need to be very comfortable diving into technical issues while putting the customer's experience at the forefront.
What You Will Do:
- Responsible for Support team management, including hiring, improving productivity, allocating and utilizing resources efficiently, motivating teams, and managing attrition and training.
- Mentor, lead and grow a support team across multiple locations. Currently six sites and growing.
- Ensure any escalated issues are resolved quickly with high customer satisfaction and engage with customers when needed.
- Collaborate with Engineering, Operations, Network and Security teams to resolve customer issues rapidly.
- Speed up resolution times through accountability, enablement, launching tools, and building the right processes.
- Drive daily issue management success from detection to resolution and dissatisfaction issues for users leading to ongoing enhanced customer experiences.
- Evaluate and provide strategic feedback to HQ regarding current processes and tools to identify areas of improvement across the support organization.
- Lead for all strategic planning, projects, training and onsite implementations across all of 2K’s sites in the EMEA region.
- Point of escalation for any support tickets that are not resolved in a timely manner.
Who We Think Will Be a Great Fit:
In this role, you will be a dynamic leader with global service organization experience, who can be “hands-on” whilst understanding the bigger picture. You will be able to use data effectively, be a strong problem solver and be able to demonstrate a depth of knowledge across technology. You'll balance strategic vision, thought leadership, execution excellence, continuous improvement and providing leadership to a team of IT Site Support personnel and Systems Administrators responsible for the onsite tech needs at six sites across the EMEA region. As the “voice of EMEA,” you will spot trends and turn them into broader change programs, and you'll inspire and grow an excellent team.
- 8+ years building and managing customer support teams, preferably in gaming space.
- Outstanding team management, coaching and mentoring skills.
- Experience managing a distributed team of 10+ Tier 1-3 Technical Support System Administrators.
- Lead Support operations and measure success through customer support metrics and KPIs.
- Exceptional project management and prioritization skills in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- Experience across operating systems, hardware, software and platforms (ex Jira, Confluence, Slack, O365, GSuite, AirWatch, iOS, Android, Windows, macOS).
- BS in computer engineering or equivalent.
- Knowledge of gaming industry terms and standards is a plus.
- General understanding of/experience with network protocols, server room/data center management and/or security best practices is a plus.
- Some type of credentialing (MCSE, CCNA, CompTIA Network+) is a plus.
- Technically not a "skill", but, you are comfortable with working hours 10am-6:30pm enabling greater connection with our US HQ.