2K publishes some of the most popular video game franchises on the planet including NBA 2K, Borderlands, BioShock, Mafia, Sid Meier’s Civilization, and more. The IT and Security team build, monitor, and maintain our corporate and production infrastructure that our fans need to play our games. We are experts in systems, networks, cloud technology, and security. Our teams maintain the enterprise and development technology stacks that run our company and support our gamers. The Tech team operates globally to ensure a consistent and exceptional experience for the entirety of the 2K ecosystem.
What We Need
You’re passionate about database engineering and architecture. You’re a problem solver and proactive solutions architect. You’re looking to expand your career by architecting and optimizing large-scale database production deployments. You are excited about architecting databases that will scale with our rapidly growing customer-base.
What You Will Do
As a database architect in the IT Engineering department, you will work directly with development teams to design databases based on their requirements. You review existing implementations and propose solutions to improve performance at scale. You will be well-versed in various database platforms and understand what the right solution is based on varying use cases. You will be cognizant of database security and apply that knowledge to maintain the integrity of a complex infrastructure. This is an opportunity to enhance your career in a critical role supporting some of the largest and most successful game franchises.
Who We Think Will Be a Great Fit
- 7+ years of database engineering experience supporting large-scale production environments.
- Able to write complex SQL and PL/SQL queries.
- Highly proficient in designing and configuring MySql and MongoDB.
- Expert at designing high performance database schemas.
- Determine effective methods to increase performance.
- Develop automation and scripts to perform proactive maintenance.
- Database DR and BCP planning.
- Provide guidance to engineers and operations personnel. Able to articulate how the database engine works.
- Participate in on call escalations as needed.
- Must possess advanced SQL skills.
- Experience with data warehousing and advanced information processing.
- Knowledge in storage, servers, operation systems, and application interaction.
- Documentation skills for processes, and procedures.
- A sense of ownership, initiative, and drive.