(Closed) Community Manager - Core Games
Who We Are:
In the past 10 years, 2K has established a rich heritage for publishing some of the biggest franchises in gaming. This includes blockbuster titles such as NBA 2K, Borderlands, Bioshock, WWE 2K, Civilization, XCOM, and more. During that time, we’ve been fortunate enough to build a passionate and driven fan base who are eager to engage with our brands on a deeper level!
What We Need:
We are looking for our community's biggest champion and advocate that will be the conduit between the 2K player community, developers, and publishing team. This person will help craft, architect, and execute the global community strategy that’s rooted in a multi-discipline approach. This person needs to be part player professional, part fluent in communications, people leader, and part project manager who understands gaming communities, trending platforms and content. 2K needs someone who is a specialist in managing gaming ecosystems from all angles. Someone who is both a forward-thinking and flawless executor.
This candidate must be creative, can conceptualize and see plans through execution. They must be strategic in nature - a great teammate who is guided by insights and a forward-thinker. The person in this role must know how to facilitate cross-functional collaborations and develop processes to ensure seamless internal and external communications. This person must be able to ideate engaging social, live, and visual content as well as manage feedback loops and events that truly engage our current community and work to grow it. They must understand analytics, have experience with social listening, and know how to use data to make informed decisions.
What You Will Do:
- Define and help execute the global community strategy in collaboration with key partners on the core side of the 2K gaming business
- Define, facilitate, and execute internal plus external communication processes between the 2K community, Developers, Publishers, and other cross-functional teams
- Help execute both internal escalation processes and external communication best practices
- Enhance and create policies and standards to facilitate a positive player experience
- Collaborate with the global social media lead to define community-driven content, channel focus, and voice strategies that are ultimately informed by the holistic strategy
- Lead direct-to-player communications that promote informational and two-way dialogue
- Collaborate with content leads to conceptualize and integrate community-driven content into the calendar and cadence
- Collaborate with our influencer and marketing teams to activate both 2K influencers and everyday gamers IRL and online
- Conceptualize and execute community-facing events, as well as feedback loops to help inform our development teams
- Utilize social listening tools to compile weekly reports, inform decision making, and make strategic adjustments
- Advocate internally for players to all cross-functional teams but also have an understanding of business results
Who We Think Will Be a Great Fit:
Someone with a consistent track record of executing a multi-discipline, global community strategy. They must be insightful, patient, a true listener, and have a moral compass. This person must pay extreme attention to detail, be thorough, and be quality oriented. They must be able to manage competing priorities in a fast-paced environment while still maintaining quality of work, operational efficiencies, and organization. Adaptability and flexibility must be a second language. This person should be independent and proactive, but also collaborative. They should be creative, experimental, and always ideating ways to enhance our community efforts. They must always think about the big picture to ensure everything we do has purpose and is aligned with the overall global marketing strategy. This person must have a healthy balance of confidence and humility. They must have the hunger to learn more.
- 5+ years of community management experience ideally within the video game industry – experience as a people manager is a plus
- A strategist by nature and a true visionary + executor
- Experience with creating cross-functional processes and project management skills
- Knows how to use all community platforms, their functions, and understands the specific nuances within each platform (Discord, Reddit, Twitter, Forums, Twitch, YouTube, etc.)
- A keen understanding of hot gaming trends, platforms, and pop culture relevance
- Fundamental knowledge of community strategy development
- Experience with conceptualizing ideas and seeing them through to execution
- Must possess these intangibles: Compassionate, listens first, detail oriented, can see plans through from start to finish, can combine quality with agility, can manage competing priorities, is efficient, organized, proactive, independent, collaborative, respectful, an excellent communicator, and is hungry to learn
- Makes decisions that positively impact short term and long term #BigPicture goals
- Strong knowledge of 2K franchises is required
- Experience with social listening analytical tools and setting KPIs
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, perform essential job functions, and receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.