Who We Are:
2K publishes some of the most popular video game franchises on the planet including Borderlands, BioShock, Mafia, NBA 2K, WWE 2K, XCOM, and Sid Meier’s Civilization.
2K is looking for an experienced Community Manger to act as the brand ambassador for several Core Games products across a variety of communities and social media platforms. Under the direction of the Sr Social Media Manager, the Community Manager will be responsible for developing and executing the global community strategy for Core Games products, balancing the global brand needs vs. the regional marketing needs.
As an individual contributor within a multidisciplinary team, you will create and execute community marketing strategies for Core Games titles, serving their growing player bases. You’ll develop and maintain relationships with key community advocates and influencers, grow the franchise followings, and engage with players online & through various social media channels.
What You Will Do:
- Define the global community strategy for Core Games titles, including processes for curating player feedback, facilitating developer communications, and encouraging community engagement on owned and earned channels.
- Work in close collaboration with Live Ops teams to create and execute in-game events, promotion plans, contests and more to drive player retention and target metrics for the product.
- Establish a relationship and engage directly with our gaming communities, understand their concerns and desires, and relay those to the relevant stakeholders.
- Drive social conversations and maintain a visible external presence on both brand and community channels including, but not limited to: Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, Discord, Reddit, Steam, first party consoles, as well as the respective product websites.
- Manage and execute day-to-day global community & social plans working with internal cross-functional teams, development teams, and external agencies as needed.
- Monitor and analyze content performance and social sentiment, using data tools and insights to inform decisions. Proactively recommend enhancements to the strategic plans, escalate potential issues, and offer solutions to assist with problems.
- Establish and advocate for owned and earned channel best practices including content strategy and optimization as well as platform usage.
- Develop creative briefs as-needed for community content and help coordinate their way through the asset production and approval processes.
- Other related duties as required.
Who We Think Will Be A Great Fit:
We are looking for someone who is a community advocate at heart, is extremely passionate about gaming fandoms and is always on. This individual must be extremely independent, proactive, and always ideating ways to enhance what we do to drive engagement and retention, while having the skillset to logistically execute ideas and effectively collaborate. This person must have the capacity to understand and always think about the big picture to make daily decisions that are aligned with the overall global marketing strategy. This person must be extremely thorough, detailed oriented, and organized while maintaining efficiency.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, or a related field.
- Minimum 3-5 years of community management experience for a gaming publisher, developer, or entertainment brand.
- Solid understanding of/passion for video games and pop culture is essential.
- A social media enthusiast with experience building communities on, and practical knowledge of, social media platforms including Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, etc. as well as community platforms like Discord, and Reddit. Experience with Steam, Epic Games Store and first party platform community hub best practices is a plus.
- Experienced with social listening tools to monitor and analyze community sentiment, using data to inform decisions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ideally in a variety of mediums including long-form and social media. Previous editorial experience a plus.
- Impeccable project management skills and high degree of comfort managing multiple projects.