Founded in 2005, 2K develops and publishes interactive entertainment globally for console systems, handheld gaming systems and personal computers, including smartphones and tablets, which are delivered through physical retail, digital download, online platforms and cloud streaming services. 2K publishes titles in today’s most popular gaming genres, including shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, sports, casual, and family entertainment.
The 2K label has some of the most talented development studios in the world today, including Firaxis Games, Visual Concepts, Hangar 13 and Cat Daddy Games. 2K’s stable of high quality titles includes the critically acclaimed BioShock®, Borderlands™ and XCOM® franchises, the beloved Sid Meier’s Civilization series, the popular WWE 2K franchise and NBA 2K, the #1 rated and #1 selling basketball franchise*. 2K is headquartered in Novato, California and is a wholly owned label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).
Reporting to the China Marketing Manager, the Marketing Executive will be responsible to assist the China Marketing Manager for :
- Assist in development of a comprehensive marketing and communications strategies, and tactics for NBA 2K flagship titles.
- Conceptualize, plan, execute and evaluate performance-driven integrated marketing communications campaigns.
- Collaborate with functional team/publishers on assessing new content for product offerings.
- Manage the internal approval process for all consumer facing marketing materials.
- Monitor, review, evaluate and report on all marketing activity and results.
- Administrative tasks such as deck building and translation, minutes writing, courier arrangement etc.
- Work closely with Global Brand and Communications Lead to deliver marketing assets, communications documents.
- Liaison with creative and media agencies
- Manage relationship with key media and influencers.
- Moderate travel required (industry events, developer visits, sales support/satellite office meetings)
Keys to success in this role:
- Affinity with video games and a good knowledge of the entertainment industry.
- Passion for NBA/basketball and general knowledge of the games preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are fundamentally crucial.
- A passion for social media, communities and creative flair is a must, as are strong negotiation and influencing skills at all levels.
- A dedication to professionalism including self-presentation, time keeping, strong work ethic and a desire to continually self-improve and be innovative.
- Previous experience of line management responsibility is preferable, or demonstration of required leadership skills such as facilitation, openness, negotiation, fairness, integrity, respect and confidence.
- Experience of management of external agencies and suppliers is beneficial.