2K publishes some of the most popular video game franchises on the planet including Borderlands, BioShock, NBA 2K, WWE 2K, XCOM, and Sid Meier’s Civilization. Our team is comprised of experienced and talented marketing professionals and an exceptional communications team working together across the company to create memorable and innovative campaigns for industry leading video gaming titles.
What We Need:
2K is looking for a creative and passionate Brand Manager to assist in the development and management of the global strategy for our Hangar 13 series of projects. Under direction of the Director, Global Marketing the Brand Manager will assist in developing and executing the global strategic brand vision as well as go-to-market and post-launch marketing plans. This role will use consumer and business insights to identify opportunities for new strategic initiatives and campaign optimizations, and collaborate with cross-functional teams to drive successful results. The ideal candidate will be eager to grow, become part of a passionate and talented team, and take ownership of key responsibilities over time.
What You Will Do:
With support and direction from the Director, Global Marketing, become a global ambassador of the brand, assisting in the creation, presentation and execution of plans with cross-functional teams.
- Help develop and execute the global brand strategy and guidelines for assigned products, and coordinate with game development teams and partners for sign-off on product vision, strategy and business goals from concept throughout the entire lifecycle of the product
- Through regular analysis of consumer insights, project sales data and game telemetry, identify and advocate initiatives that will improve player acquisition, retention, and monetization
- Ability to identify and analyze risk while providing mitigation support if requested
- Project tracking, maintaining & updating deliverable dates to ensure timely delivery of global marketing materials.
- Support creative asset development, including, but not limited to: key art, packaging, advertising creative (TV, outdoor, digital,) video, social media, sales support and point-of-purchase materials, promotional merchandise and events/activations) from brief to final delivery with agencies and in-house creative departments, and ensure campaign messaging aligns with the overall brand strategy
- Manage the day-to-day communication of internal and external creative partners and help steer the approval process of all creative materials
- Drive global initiatives to gain consumer insights, test positioning, messaging, and creative and analyze consumer research and business data to intelligently guide marketing strategies and investments
- Partner with cross-functional teams, including digital marketing, sales, channel, partnerships, and more to identify business opportunities and drive execution
- Manage the purchase order process for relevant projects and track against budget
- Other related duties as required
Who We Think Will Be A Great Fit:
If you’re a positive, motivated, creative, and collaborative marketer looking for your next challenge, you might be the right fit for 2K’s team of award-winning brand marketers. You’ll love bringing consumer insights to life with innovative campaigns that will delight our core fans and engage prospective new audiences alike. You’ll enjoy working across all the marketing disciplines and development teams, and orchestrating execution excellence. You’ll embrace managing multiple, simultaneous tasks/projects with an eye for detail and an alertness for deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field required. MBA preferred.
- Minimum of 3-5 years consumer product marketing experience with demonstrated track record of planning & executing creative marketing programs on a global level, preferably digital-focused
- Creative thinker and strategist with the ability to think ahead, self-prioritize effectively, and contribute cross-functionally.
- Live service background and understanding of player acquisition and long-term retention
- Understanding of games-as-a-service, virtual goods and emerging technologies and trends
- Impeccable project management skills and high degree of comfort managing multiple projects.
- A strong foundational understanding of both consumer research and business analytics
- Excellent analytical, verbal and written communication/presentation skills, and a proven ability to work collaboratively across a number of internal, external and international teams
- Results-oriented, self-motivated, extremely organized and detail-oriented
- Moderate travel required (industry events, developer visits, sales support / satellite office meetings.)